What are you listening at right now

PeterJ

Recommend Madvillain for the first album. You either hate it or love it. I'm a victim of Victor Vaughn.

Ordo, how do you like the new Tycho? I heard "Past Is Prologue" and couldn't get into it at all, watered down Boards of Canada.

I like the album, but then again I like the Boards too so any I don't mind some similarity. I have listened to both Science Of Patterns and Sunrise Projector so many times while working that they both have seeped into my subconscious. I tend to run my Tycho playlist when the clients are breathing down my neck and I need to go into a design bubble and produce. All that to say, it bears repeated listening for me, and if you like the first album, I would think that Sunrise would grow on you.

twobands.jpg

The Cato Salsa Experience and The Thing with Joe McPhee - two bands and a legend.

Jazz musicians are playing some of the best rock n' roll on the planet right now. Go figure.

Liner notes by Thurston Moore:

Is this superjazz?

Does The Thing want to rock the fuck out?

Is Paal Nilssen a love machine?

Do Cato & BÃ¥rd rip the shit outta guitar?

When McPhee & Gustafsson intro guitar to “Louie, Louie” do you know it’s the best throwdown yet of that klassick since Black Flag?

Does PJ Harvey rule and do these guys love her?

Do we blast through hate?

Mongezi Feza, man - total beautiful African sweet charge, can you drink this to the boss rock zone playlist?

Does Alva Melin’s groove jam “The Nut” destroy yr mind b4 ignition to free life 4-ever?

And will you thank the rock n roll gods for that love groove coda?

Can you shout out James Blood Ulmer!?

Can you shout out James Blood Ulmer rules supreme and heavy and these cats blow a masterful “Baby Talk”?

Are you cramped?

Can you find yr mind?

Can you shake yr ass?

Is it Nation Time!?

This CD answers all those questions and the answer resounds: YYYYYYYYYESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I shit you not.

thurston moore - western massachusetts - 2005