Stocks, who here invests?

masuerte

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SHitty start today. China earthquake the cause?

Haha. First the olympic fiasco, now this. Plus inflation, high commodity prices, and a falling stock market. China is turning into a disaster...

Guest spazzz
Haha. First the olympic fiasco, now this. Plus inflation, high commodity prices, and a falling stock market. China is turning into a disaster...

that's funny as my chinese solar company is up 4% today.

Guest spazzz
That doesnt' matter, so what if LDK is up 4% ?? It has been going up regardless plus with oil rising again of course it is going to go up...

Solar stock is more disconnected at the moment since it is not a major impact on economies... Flucates with oil/other energy sources/tax incentives

i know it's pretty insignificant.

it goes pay off all debts > emergency fund > 401k/403b > roth ira > non-qualified investments, at least as far as savings/investments go.

I have all except the roth Ira which i was looking into. Thanks I'll be back lol.

I have all except the roth Ira which i was looking into. Thanks I'll be back lol.

ah the roth is key, and amazing. your contributions are deducted from your income so come tax time, you get a tax break. plus you can take out your contributions with no penalty, only your earnings is where they dock you. but you shouldn't be taking it out in the first place :P

actually yardsale it should go like this:

401K up to matched % maxed, roth ira, then 401K again

that might be your method, but I like to have liquid after all my retirement efforts are well taken care of and I don't plan to eat withdrawal fees trying to take it out.

Guest spazzz
How about some quick Lucille McGillicuddy type ish where i can make 10,000 into 20,000? lol. I'll hit up the roth reserarch.

capital gains

my statement still stands....

why would you go back to your 401k for contributions after you've already contributed instead of moving around right along to your own trading account that you can manage :confused:

based on that logic, why are you going there in the first place?

1) pay off debt

2) 6 months cash worth of expenses

3) max 401K up to employer match

4) max roth ira

5) max remaining amount of 401K

6) other investment vehicles

Why do any of 3-5 if you want to move right to 6

based on that logic, why are you going there in the first place?

1) pay off debt

2) 6 months cash worth of expenses

3) max 401K up to employer match

4) max roth ira

5) max remaining amount of 401K

6) other investment vehicles

Why do any of 3-5 if you want to move right to 6

for fucking liquid. Are you dense? Take care of your retirement options and then move right along to other investments.

How about some quick Lucille McGillicuddy type ish where i can make 10,000 into 20,000? lol. I'll hit up the roth reserarch.

Deal drugs.

Or if you were a hedge fund in 2006-2007, short the CDX/mortgage credit indices.

but that is the best way to take care of your retirement options compared to yours

because if you don't have an employeer 401K match, a roth ira is better, depending on which tax brackets you are in

oh my fucking god. you are a fucking moron. I don't know why you keep opposing the idea of a trading account after you've done the 401k and after the roth ira, but stfu. thickheaded idiot. is it that you can't follow the order I posted? is it the > sign throwing you off? you do it all numbnuts. that's the order. you don't leave out any steps, you just do it all in order of priority. sorry that your pussy ass is too scared for a trading account outside of your retirement options? smart people do it all.

Seriously You cannot comphrehend what I am saying, I am SAYING UNLESS YOUR EMPLOYER MATCHES YOUR 401K A ROTH IS BETTER

I got that you dipshit, you're the one that is balking at the thought of having a trading account after all your retirement options are taken care of. what part of retirement options are taken care of do you not understand? I've only had to say it 4 different instances.