Stocks, who here invests?

masuerte

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should of sold RIMM at 144.5 and bought back in on the drop. It really hurt that i held on.

The fundementals are solid and the company is growing. Both Citigroup and Oppenheimer raised their target prices on the stock. I bought more.

The fundementals are solid and the company is growing. Both Citigroup and Oppenheimer raised their target prices on the stock. I bought more.

Im getting nervous with it right now though. 137.3. Yikes

Looking at the moving averages, Im thinking it will drop a few more dollars then level out a climb.

Im getting nervous with it right now though. 137.3. Yikes

Looking at the moving averages, Im thinking it will drop a few more dollars then level out a climb.

I bought more. But seriously though, apple is down 3.09% as well. GOOD THING I SHORTED/HEDGED A HIGHER MARKET CAP STOCK BITCHES!!!!!!!!! I'm still up!

Guest spazzz

whats your idea of a good return in a day? the one thing i've come to realize is percentages and not $. how much are you moving in 1 day, monetarily>

It's all about risk vs. return man.

You buy a t-bill, you got a risk-free rate of return.

So at the most basic level you want a return that is greater than the risk-free rate accounting for inflation.

Certain stock on the market will have high systematic risk (market risk) inheritly. They tend to move with the markets more pronouncedly, irrespective of the company.

So for their high return you have to compromise with more undiversifiable risk.

There's no magic number: if you want more return you need to invest into stock with more risk.

The trick is to hedge or diversify your portfolio with certain high risk stocks with low correlated/low risk stocks to reduce the variance of the entire portfolio.

Bought a shit load more yahoo last Thursday, if it hits 29, I'm dropping some more on the bastard. Love it! Love it! Up 5.23% percent! RIMM is recovering too. And Apple is still fucking shit up with a loss. Good times...

Still confused with financials though. Shorted Citigroup and UBS seems like UBS can't break the fucking 30 dollar support level. Once it goes, I'll drop more. Citigroup should be trading at above 20 IMO.....

I'm terrified of the whole financial sector. I don't know if I mentioned before, but what got me back into trading from a year-long hiatus was when I realized my dad's poor moves on my roth ira. He'd bought EWBC and it tanked and he for some unfathomable reason didn't sell. I had to sell at massive losses. I'm slowly beating back the losses.

That being said, C still looks like a steal, I'd back up the truck if I weren't gun-shy.

Don't you think financials aren't going to be able to delivery such profits anymore? Since everyone is over leveraged big time, and the great "deleveraging" taking place, the profits just aren't going to be the same...

Citigroup is too bloated. It has to split up or seek a major restructuring in order to achieve profits going forward. It relied too much on CDOs and ABS securities to obtain significant profits. Same goes for UBS, which is under a SEC investigation, and Merrill. I'm short these suckers. Goldman is too overvalued. I like Morgan Stanley the best out of all of them.

Do any of you guys own stock via your company through an employee stock purchase plan? My company offers company stock at 85% the price (it's almost at 50.00 as of this writing, with a 52wk high of 55), 15 cent dividends every three months. However, you can only contribute up to 10% of your paycheck towards it after taxes, etc. They treat it like any other security and it adheres to all the same rules as far as capital gains, etc.

Is this even worth it? I wanted to pump and dump but obviously that won't work.

pump and dump? that a flip on the pump or dump poker saying? i'm not too sure of the specifics of the company, but generally investing the max is a good idea if they're giving you 10%+ discount... or take the $$ and put it in an index fund.

anyone thinking yahoo is close to topping out yet? resumed talks with microsoft, but even if a new offer comes how high could it be?

high crude is going to kill everything~

Agreed. Watching oil futures all day is painful. Shit hits new all time highs every other fucking day. Looks like it will break 130 this week. Back when oil was 50-80 you could scalp refiners like drillers off spikes in crude price but now you can't even do that.