school/student newspaper title

samsikle

"mission statement" is really good. that's really exciting that you have such a big undertaking.

oregon state's is "the daily barometer." blech name, although i guess at some point in history it won national awards. the writers right now really suck, though. i am sure you could write 10 times better than they.

haha sometimes i feel like i lose interest in it.. until everyone asks me how it's going and then i get all excited about it and feel like i have so much support that i can't stop now.

i've also never dedicated myself to anything extracurricular. and since the school doesn't have a paper i thought it'd be a golden opportunity

extracurriculars are hard because you want to do well, but you also don't want to sacrifice homework. i went to community college, too (before oregon state), and had way more homework in community college for the amount of classes enrolled in than i have here at osu (besides maybe this term).

haha sometimes i feel like i lose interest in it.. until everyone asks me how it's going and then i get all excited about it and feel like i have so much support that i can't stop now.

i've also never dedicated myself to anything extracurricular. and since the school doesn't have a paper i thought it'd be a golden opportunity

The really cool part is now you can go to events and say, I'm with the press, and maybe get in for free. Or do a piece on a band, and meet them. You have a free pass to the world!

The really cool part is now you can go to events and say, I'm with the press, and maybe get in for free. Or do a piece on a band, and meet them. You have a free pass to the world!

I KNOW! actually i really want to get a fedora and walk around campus with a notepad.

fedora.gif

Actually the press pass card shown there is a discount card for Cal students offered through our newspaper. :)

mission-statement.jpg

Real bored, real high. Used your college's choice of Century Gothic, too. I don't really like your school's website aesthetically, but we can try to make do.

i wouldn't have thought mission statement was a very appropriate title for a newspaper - the phrase itself doesn't really lend itself to the concept of a newspaper. i mean is the paper just going to espouse the school's aims and values?

having said that, it's better than anything i could come up with..

it's okay percy nice try <3 i kinda chuckled. actually at first it was a "..wtf? OH. i get it."

the progress on the paper is getting stupid because the kid who was in it with me is asking me how it's going when i was waiting on answers from him and now i've got to go back to the awkward English guy who's head of the English Department. ugh.