1940s Levi's with Crotch Rivet no Buckle Back

vivaloschet

I don't really know what to make of these. A friend of mine bought them at a garage sale ten years ago. They had been used to wrap up a violin, which was presumably more valuable than the jeans were at the time. I hope it was a f*cking stradovarius. Anyway, no buckle back, but it has a crotch rivet. Possible that the crotch rivet was custom. I would like to see some good close up pics of non repro Levi's crotch rivets if anybody has them. Hidden rivets on back pockets. The old style buttons and rivets. I wish I had the other side which would have had the watch pocket and the red tab. My main observation: denim and details are a lot more like my Warehouse repros than they are like my LVCs.

dont own a scanner, but theres a levis crotch rivet close-up picture of a likely pre-1933 in the book "Denim, an American Story", 2007 ed. by David Little at p.14. In the picture the center of rivet appears as a raised and rounnded dome. Hope it helps.