I just got my pair of Sugarcane SC40400.....

imisssefler

Quote:

Imissfler,

Can you measure the waist for us to see what size a 38 truly is?

--- Original message by digital_denim on Sep 29, 2005 10:33 PM

i don't really have anything to measure them with but i'll try. but i was planning on taking a bath with them tomorrow and falling asleep outside till they dry. i'm getting very annoyed with the baggy legs.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pair of jeans. Wear them in good health!

>>both were from rakuten stores and were the same price, $280. after a few wears in both jeans, i think the awa's aren't any where near as nice as the Hawaii's.

By the way, Hinoya does have an actual shop, as well as selling their stuff through Rakuten. It's in Ameyoko (Æ’Aƒ‰¡), which is the market street just near Ueno station in Tokyo. There are 3 branches, which are just around the corner from each other. They also have a house brand of jean they have made for them, called Burgus Plus.

Best,

takashi

Quote:

imisssefler, you could sell them to anyone here and buy another.

I don't really like the classic cut and the vertical falling.

--- Original message by Geowu on Sep 30, 2005 12:09 PM

as much as i'm annoyed with them being baggy, i love the look, feel and color of the denim and couldn't part with them now. i'm not the biggest fan of the high rise cut but its a change of pace from my RRDS. the weirdest part about these jeans was how soft they were for being raw, even the awa's were pretty stiff.

Quote:

are they really pretty baggy?i want to see a photo of those on you. i thought theyre a straight cut.

--- Original message by soleindahole on Sep 30, 2005 04:20 PM

They tend to be baggy. My 1947s are somewhat baggy in the hips and thighs. I really don't like them that way but it's just a vintage-type cut. Regarding the waist, it runs a bit tighter than the typical XX. As much as I like my 1947s, the fit throws me off a bit with the tighter waist and baggier hips and thighs.

How do the these compare to the "SC40401A"??

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/119706/256094/251517/

seems like it has the blue textured material like the SC40400s.

Anyone have this Hawaiian pair?How they fit, etc?

Im thinking of picking up a pair of these. I want the pair you got, but it isnt in my budget.

These seem to be one wash, will I get the same effects as regular Sugarcanes Nonwash/raw with these? Thanks....

Edited by sriracha hot sauce on Oct 1, 2005 at 04:39 PM

... should i use levi's 501xx as a good idea for how these jeans fit ?

... i wear 30s in prps ... but the sizing is sorta tricky i feel ..

just worried i'm going to order a size too big or too small ...

ideas for a comparable cut of jean to gauge these sugarcanes ?

... (don't mean to add to the flood of questions ... i'm just concerned and in the dark a bit)

Edited by won ton destruction on Oct 2, 2005 at 01:20 PM

How do the these compare to the "SC40401A"??

the SC40401A's have different stitching - regular length stitching, twin needle, machine felled seams and chain stitch hems.They also don't have the bound fly facing edges that are present in the SC40400s. Cut is slightly different. The 401's are 'waisted' and the 400s a bit more boxy. The fabric looks different too. Plenty of colour variation, but less variation in yarn thickness compared to the 400s. The dye is a blend of Hawaiian indigo and another source (not sure what). No scarf thrown in (for what it's worth).

Extremely nice nevertheless.

... should i use levi's 501xx as a good idea for how these jeans fit ?

... i wear 30s in prps ... but the sizing is sorta tricky i feel ..

just worried i'm going to order a size too big or too small ...

ideas for a comparable cut of jean to gauge these sugarcanes ?

Comparing them to LVC 501 47s - the fit of the crotch and hips is very similar. The Hawaii's are just a little larger through the leg. (an inch or so). If you bought a size 34 on the LVCs then buy a size 32 or 31 in the Canes (this is because the 'Canes shrink to tag size, whereas LVC tag sizing is marked before shrinkage).

Quote:

I have a pair of the exact same jeans on the way to me right now from Celga. I was starting to kick myself for spending so much but those pictures make me think I'm definitely going to be happy once they arrive.

Thanks for posting and I may post my own review once they arrive.

--- Original message by tyco on Sep 29, 2005 06:48 PM

tyco, did you get them yet?

ask a cassowary

Okay, I got mine icon_smile_big.gif

I also used bid-service.jp and the service was good.

The jeans are as nice as they look in the pics, and they do have a faintly sweet smell. Right now, mine are having a nice cold bath.

I hope the sweet sorghum doesn't attract ants! icon_smile_angry.gif

A couple pics:

canetags_0975.jpg

canecoin_0978.jpg

Will post pics of wearing them once I'm done shrinking them.

ask a cassowary

tangerine, awesome. Thanks for pics. Please keep us updated as to size issues, etc.

How much were they shipped?

btw, how's the fit? Are they straight leg '47 repros? What is the front rise measurement?

Edited by minya on Oct 11, 2005 at 08:00 PM

Quote:

these canes have a huge ass.

--- Original message by soleindahole on Oct 12, 2005 12:22 AM

LOL

They are straight-leg '47 repros. I measured the front rise this morning and it is 11.5". The ass is in fact pretty baggy, and they have the weird "points" at the hips that I remember from when I used to wear 501s.

They were still a little damp this morning, as expected, and in fact they are still a little damp in places though I have been wearing them for a couple of hours. They didn't shrink very much, maybe 1" max in the waist, maybe 1 to 2" in length though I didn't measure the inseam. The waist size is exactly right, if you buy them definitely buy true to size. I will take & post pics of them on later on when I get home. Thanks to ringring for all of his excellent information on sizing & soaking! You are the King, sir.

They "smurf" like crazy! Be careful or you will leave blue on everything. I am hoping this effect will be drastically reduced when they are fully dry.

This is one pair of jeans that I bought not for the fit, but for the materials and craftsmanship, and the blue stripes, huge slubs and faintly sweet scent.

I feel like I've joined a cult, ha.

ask a cassowary

Quote:
Quote:

these canes have a huge ass.

--- Original message by soleindahole on Oct 12, 2005 12:22 AM

LOL

They are straight-leg '47 repros. I measured the front rise this morning and it is 11.5". The ass is in fact pretty baggy, and they have the weird "points" at the hips that I remember from when I used to wear 501s.

They were still a little damp this morning, as expected, and in fact they are still a little damp in places though I have been wearing them for a couple of hours. They didn't shrink very much, maybe 1" max in the waist, maybe 1 to 2" in length though I didn't measure the inseam. The waist size is exactly right, if you buy them definitely buy true to size. I will take & post pics of them on later on when I get home. Thanks to ringring for all of his excellent information on sizing & soaking! You are the King, sir.

They "smurf" like crazy! Be careful or you will leave blue on everything. I am hoping this effect will be drastically reduced when they are fully dry.

This is one pair of jeans that I bought not for the fit, but for the materials and craftsmanship, and the blue stripes, huge slubs and faintly sweet scent.

I feel like I've joined a cult, ha.

--- Original message by tangerine on Oct 12, 2005 11:10 AM

youre one of the lucky ones that owns a pair of these.