I just got my pair of Sugarcane SC40400.....

imisssefler

Yeah, this is post-soak and dry.

The blue streaks are definitely one of the standout features of these jeans. They are really vivid in natural light. The photos give you an idea but it's hard to say, mostly because everyone's monitor looks a little different. The pics that are posted here and there from rakuten are pretty close in my opinion.

ask a cassowary

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Tangerine--

Hello. Yes, I got my pair of Sugarcane 14.25oz HAWAII correct indigo DENIM Rigid SC40400N from Celga a couple weeks ago (the exact same pair as in your pics). I wanted to wear them for a few weeks before posting a review.

I'm not any kind of expert in raw denim but I'll try to give everyone my general impressions.

They really are fantastic. Definitely worth the cash if you can afford it. I found that a lot of the information that have been posted on these boards already about this model turned out to be 100% correct.

I normally wear a 32 waist in most jeans and got the 32. They were a little loose and shrunk just enough to fit nice and snug after a cold soak. Now they're stretching out a bit and are about perfect.

The indigo dye on the jeans does come off right on your hand when you first wear the jeans. It also rubbed off on furniture, car seats, etc. This was reduced after the soaking and stops entirely after wearing a few days.

The jeans do have a vaguely sweet, almost reed-like scent but it's not overpowering.

I found the Celga service to be reliable and received the jeans about two weeks after my initial order. I think I will post a seperate Celga review as its own post but I would use them again. You pay extra for their service and shipping but the total cost is pretty close to the price of the jeans on grandism.com (the only site I've ever seen them up for sale), so it doesn't seem unreasonable.

The only drawback to getting the Hawaiis is that I am already starting to browse rakuten in an attempt to find some more extraordinary denim.

Thank you everyone for all the advice and information. It really helped me make an informed decision.