Super...Smokers?

• 3 weeks later...

anyone had Larks before? been curious about them - think i'll buy a pack today. charcoal filter heh

lark.jpg

could be good - could be terrible. i really dont know haha

The only people to ever incorperate cigarettes successfully into a peice of writing without it feeling contrived (in my opinion) are Vonnegut and Kerouac and maybe Thompson. Don't try it because it will make yous sound like a 15 year old girl who's blogging on their myspace.

EDIT: Then again, I'm no literary critic and I haven't read THAT much, but from what I've observed if you're under 35 years old writing about smoking will make you look like a flamer.

A lot of the pulp writers did it quite successfully, they somewhat developed the lexicon and mythology associated with smoking (femme fatales, private smoking strong cigs while drinking harsh booze, smoke that mingles with the fogs of down and under streets,etc).

does anyone have access to scans from that Fantastic Man issue with the Art of Smoking feature? It was in the Stefano Pilati issue (I think) and included Peter Saville and others discussing their love for cigarettes. It was my introduction to this quote:

"Smoking is the symbolic equivalent of destructively reappropriating the entire world"

- Jean-Paul Sartre

mblack.jpg

Sooo.. I don't mean to turn this into supermarket but I just got a carton of Marlboro Black Menthol's and I'm gonna sell a few packs because I don't smoke that much. If you're interested in buying a single pack or two (or three) PM me. I'm in the USA (seattle area) and they're here, ready to go. I had some transactions, posts, and plusrep, etc. under my old username The City.

these things are great btw, pretty strong but smooooooth..

I'm about to go to bed so I'll prob have to reply to PM's tomorrow

Malb lights? Strangely enough, I get weird cravings to buy a pack of them every once in a while. So weird because I haven't steadily smoked manufactured cigarettes in over a year.

I make my own... I like American Spirit original, Premier full flavors. Your throat will begin to kill from the filterless smoke of a RYO, so you should check out MYO. I'd reccomend a Premier Excel machine, it's never failed me.

• 2 weeks later...
anyone interested in a sufu cigarette swap? probably need to keep it domestic, but if anyone's interested, lemme know.

i have a few packs of marlboro blacks i'm willing to toss in to try other things.

i want a pack of those blacks!

what are you interested in trying? have you tried davidoffs? i know you can't them just anywhere, but i also don't know the area where you live.