General Pizza Discussion Thread

denimfan45

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

I was going to put this in supertrash, but since pizza holds such a dear place in most everyone's hearts I think it's qualified enough to go in superculture. That being said, if you find this is not worthy of superculture; by all means move it to trash.

Also, I have noticed a few other pizza-based threads on here, most of which have long been dead due to too much specificity; thereby creating the need for a new, more generalized, thread or the merging and renaming of an old one. Whichever you see fit, mods of superfuture.

So, superfuture, let us discuss the marvels of pizza!

I agree. After I have sampled what a basic plain slice is, I then usually feel more inclined to try some toppings. There is a place near me that offers a bruschetta slice that's really great.

Story Deli just off Brick Lane, does an interesting take on pizzas. Super thin base with fresh organic ingredients on top. Kinda pricey at £13 a pop although considering the location i guess they can charge that. The freshness of the ingredients make it, so if you can work your way through the crowds of hipsters in front of it, it's worth checking out.

story_deli.jpg

6a00e553dd55ed8834010535847ca6970b-500wi

^i have never had a pizza as good as the pizzas i used to eat in france. there was a pizza truck that would come to my school and i would go there 3 hours to preorder my pizzas to skip the line. i always got calzones (not like calzones in the us), basically a closed pizza (with tomato sauce, ham and mushrooms) and an egg. i covered it with spicy olive oil and enjoyed. all for 6 euros, with a can of lipton peach iced tea. i miss it so bad. pizzas here suck (unless you've never tasted pizzas from elsewhere). edward_edward, 13 quid is really quite a lot for a pizza.

pizza truck is so profitable. i was reading an article about it in some paper. but anyway, their pizza usually rocks because they need to be damn good to convert even people not into pizzas.

oh and those you can find them at around 4.5€ at the grocery store and it's awesome

http://www.savourezlavieavotretempo.fr/les-produits-sodebo/gamme/pizza/dolce-pizza.html

Story Deli just off Brick Lane, does an interesting take on pizzas. Super thin base with fresh organic ingredients on top. Kinda pricey at £13 a pop although considering the location i guess they can charge that. The freshness of the ingredients make it, so if you can work your way through the crowds of hipsters in front of it, it's worth checking out.

garlic bread they make (garlic, olive oil, black pepper, parsley?) is far and away a smash hit for £6. effectively an aglio olio white pizza - but i feel like their superthin base is more like a wafer anyway, so this combination is spot on.

pizza truck is so profitable. i was reading an article about it in some paper. but anyway, their pizza usually rocks because they need to be damn good to convert even people not into pizzas.

oh and those you can find them at around 4.5€ at the grocery store and it's awesome

http://www.savourezlavieavotretempo.fr/les-produits-sodebo/gamme/pizza/dolce-pizza.html

sodebo is the shit! i would eat those at home all the time. good munchie foods in france

university self service restaurant had calzone pizza last week. how awesome is that. the whole meal is 2.9€ you can't beat that. they even supply spicy sauce. best thing is that i live right in front of it.

can someone recommend me a place with good cheeseburger pizza or a cheeseburger pizza recipe??

i have tried CPK's but it is only OK...

i will make my own soon

any info helps, thanks!

What do you want it to taste like? A cheeseburger - buns + dough?

What I'd do is do like 60/40 blend of ketchup/plain tomato sauce, browned ground beef with a good fat content, a drizzle of yellow mustard, topped with diced raw onions and a bit of dill pickles or relish, under a blanket of american/cheddar, and sesame seeds sprinkled along the crust.

But hey, that's just what I do.

that sounds great - if you like the taste of burnt sesame seeds and eating ketchup by the spoonful

By cutting the ketchup with tomato sauce, it's not that bad. You can even get the contrast between fresh tomato and ketchup. I've done sesame seeds on pizza before as well. Use the raw ones, they roast up fine.

It's all to taste. If you don't want it, don't put it.

perhaps - i think it might be useful to consider to convey the sense of a cheeseburger without being too literal about it. your interpretation focuses on condiments, which are by and large nasty in the quantities required to top a pizza.

i would recommend going with a std pizza with ground beef (fried up and drained of all fat - there's plenty of fat in a pizza already), mozzarella with a bit of american or cheddar (or jack) mixed in + a (single) burger condiment that wouldn't be out of place on a pizza, i.e. onion (either browned/caramelized beforehand, or raw white-castle style).