Skateboards?

flex0r

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this section of youwillsoon is absolutely brilliant. dude knows what's up! esp. when he talks about the flick on koston2's, unparalleled :)

Aw yea. I think I have my shoegooed pair in green and grey in my trunk.

I'm a slap pal...and I knew that you skated but I guess it didn't occur to me how many people were like me and got a lot of their influences from 90s skate culture. We should get a classic photothread going!

yeah... i started a thread "90s eastcoast skateboardng saved my life" and it died very quick...

but really, all this "streetwear" shit, at least in the vein of 78, milspex, and the like, IS 90s skate style, just with better materials.

IMG_4132.JPG

^^throw some pinrolls and it "oozes OG knowledge for anyone who was into streetwear before 2000" hahaha

i do think a 90s skate thread would be a great idea... its a time and culture that can

never be replicated, and honestly, informs my ideas of so many things in my life.

So true. And the hindsight of it has really allowed me to see the arc of it all. Early 90s, the big pants tiny wheels, to the technical 4star/dc/es era, to the tight pants, big rails era that zero brought on and baker cemented in the last days. you can see kids everywhere biting one era or another and they have no clue.

tomp.h4.jpg

I stole that from my school library. Still my favorite mag cover ever.

It's true. The only person I can think of that had a comparable footprint would be Jamie Thomas making everyone jump down handrails.

I think I'm gonna go home and watch Tom murder that chain to bank in Uno.

tomp.h4.jpg

you know... i still think this style looks good. i need to get some bigger ts and jeans so i can switch it up and rock shit like this again.

I kept all my old XL sized 4star/girl/alphanumeric/etc. gear and I'll pull it out now and then for a change of pace. I don't have a pair of baggy jeans I'm happy with though, but I do have some baggy cords.

That video has some good parts in it. Well, not by today's standards I guess.

Still gets me stoked to skate though.

A little too much vert footage but I still love it. I've been getting a ton of use out of the World Boxset, Trilogy in particular. I'll watch Kasper's part just to laugh at the benihanas.

^^true

ive been watching the first chocolate vid lately... soo good

seriously, Goldfish too...those are like my go-to vids these days.

Carroll's bonus part on the Goldfish dvd w/all the outtake footage...anyone else love this? so epic w/that 'brotherly love' tune and everything too.

holler at some Gap jeans what