The French community.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be going to Paris in about 6 weeks to photograph, do a lil' shopping and visiting highlights, so I'm looking for a cheap hotel/hostel to stay for 2 nights, (allowing people under 18, clean showers + good location is basically what I'm looking for) but I'm not sure if I want to stay in Montmartre (where I'll prob. spend a day wandering around ) or 1/6/7éme. (if there are any hostels in 6/7th at all)

Supermap pretty much covered the shopping part, but I wondered if there are underrated neighbourhoods and other must-seen places, apart from the Eiffel tower and Arc de Triomphe. J'espère que les SuFu-Parisi(a/e)nnes pouvent m'aider!:)

Here's a megaupload link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8BMV20PZ

The lyrics are from 1:00 to 1:18.

(If you have never used megaupload, all you do is type in the three letters it tells you to, it downloads, and then you unzip the file.)

Thanks in advance.

(sorry i was on vacation)

Doesn't seem like french to me but rather some eastern europe language. not sure though, sorry.

I'll be going to Paris in about 6 weeks to photograph, do a lil' shopping and visiting highlights, so I'm looking for a cheap hotel/hostel to stay for 2 nights, (allowing people under 18, clean showers + good location is basically what I'm looking for) but I'm not sure if I want to stay in Montmartre (where I'll prob. spend a day wandering around ) or 1/6/7éme. (if there are any hostels in 6/7th at all)

Supermap pretty much covered the shopping part, but I wondered if there are underrated neighbourhoods and other must-seen places, apart from the Eiffel tower and Arc de Triomphe. J'espère que les SuFu-Parisi(a/e)nnes pouvent m'aider!:)

can't help sorry :(

Hey so, I'm going to be living in the South of France for a year, so if anyone wants to have a meet up...

I'm certainly in.

where in south of france ? i'll be moving to Toulouse myself.

In the second week of my elementary French class.

Really, really struggling.. any suggestions on learning the language?

I'm visiting Paris next summer, & I would really like to

be proficient enough to go to the Ecole du Louvre in two years.

Bah.

Thanks for the link..

Apparently, since my université uses an immersion technique,

I'm suppose to be confused for the first two weeks, & then

I'll start to catch on much more quickly.

Until then.. studying 2+ hours a day.

Obsessed w/ France.

Ugh.

Si c'est 28 en new cure prend du 28, si c'est du 28 en new standard, prend du 30 si c'est en new standard. enfin globalement.

pickering, never happened to me :o

but sucks nonetheless

that may be also because french people who can speak english (even just a little) are happy to do it, just to exercise their language.

But I don't know if it's proper to french people, because I worked with foreign tourists this summer, many of them kept on speaking in horribly broken french even if I answered them in english.

salut tout le monde,

its my first time posting in here.

so i've been going back and forth paris over 5 times these 2 years. so much so that it has become my second home.

the second time i was there i took 2 weeks lesson of french language in alliance francaise and it was amazing and since then i hvnt had time(excuses) to keep up with the books and shit. which is really bothering me because i intend to study there i'm done with my shit in singapore.

hence, i'm starting to hit the books again and i hope you guys could help me if i need to ask any questions. i can understand really easy and spoken things when i'm there. but not when it gets really fast and complicated! (duh) and i'm planning to spend a few months in AF to get a cert in the language just so i can study and work there.

merci tout le monde.

bisous,

minou!