Are there any rollerbladers?

akiihoshino

Guest jmatsu
its a sport, people like to do it. everyone has their own opinion but theres no need to call it 'gay'

calling rollerblading "gay" is not a need/necessity, but it sure is funny.

Guest jmatsu
wow i sure looked like a dick on here..

sorry guys.

whatever you think its on you.

i don't care.

sure doesnt stop me from doing it.

who gave you a "nonchalant" pass?

Its funny, i saw the other rollerblade thread but not this one.

I used to 'aggressive inline skate'. My first pair were a shitty pair of 'rollerblades' I got from Walmart. I removed the middle two wheels, threw on some senate grind plates and tore up Chicago. Then I moved on to some K2 Backyards which were pretty solid, but heavy as fuck. I still have them at my parents house. I also had some Chocolates (which were white, remember?).

The only time I have ever enjoyed rollerblading was watching this guy coming out of my university flying on a pair...he biffed so hard right into a stoplight in the middle of the street. After that I decided rollerblading is cool to watch, gay to do tho...

For everyone saying rollerblading is gay, nobody has really given any reasons. For a forum that respects bicycling (in more than one regard), and skateboarding, it doesn't really make sense why this thread should be any different. It's just the internetz anyway and I doubt anyone is going to change their view.

Edit: Someone mentioned it has had no impact on fashion. While that may or may not be true, rollerblading is still one of the more underground sports. Skateboarding is obviously more of a mainstream sport. How many pro skateboarders could you name and how many pro rollerbladers could you name? If anything, this thread seems like no one really has a reason for why they think it's gay, other than it's cool to say fruitbooters.

calling rollerblading "gay" is not a need/necessity, but it sure is funny.

all these herbs that don't even skateboard tryin to dickride skateboarding culture is the worst. bunch of pussies that can't do shit on fruitboots OR a skateboard. their opinions don't matter. obviously skateboarding is the mainstream thing to do and is the cool guy sport, so we know the deal on this.

For everyone saying rollerblading is gay, nobody has really given any reasons. For a forum that respects bicycling (in more than one regard), and skateboarding, it doesn't really make sense why this thread should be any different. It's just the internetz anyway and I doubt anyone is going to change their view.

Skating is gay too, to say nothing of cycling.

I'll give a few reasons....

1) You look like a tool

2) Every person I know that rollerblades is a flame

3) If you just wanted to get around faster, then get a bike...it's even faster and anything where you have to change into shoes and carry around your heavy shit-blades is stupid to me

Rollerblading is pretty fucking stupid. It's basically street ballet on wheeled shoes.

Don't get me wrong, the older I get the stupider skateboarding seems to become. And I've skated for 15 years. It's street ballet on the stuntwood. I don't fuck around and throw myself down shit anymore, but I can tell you that pushing down the street to grab a cup of coffee is still one of the best feelings on earth.

And the culture that arose from surfing, that begat skateboarding runs way deeper than anything that will ever form in "aggresive inline skating"

I used to think that cycling was one af the gayest looking sports on planet earth. Then I rode a friends road bike and I started to understand what an amazing machine it really was. Then I started riding fixed and I had an even better understanding of what an amazing machine it was. Now I can fully comprehend the technology that goes into cycling and the beauty in it. I don't wear spandex, and I dont race, but there's a method to the madness and I guess you'd have to hop on a bike or understand what it's like to race for two weeks through the Pyrénées in order to appreciate it all.

By the way, bicycle motocross as well as freestyle bicycle motocross are also equally as stupid as rollerblading, skateboarding, and doing tricks on a fixed gear bike... But none of this matters.

I'm going to get some coffee.

alot of ignorance here..i don't find the need to put down other peoples interests. i personally don't rollerblade nor do i skate, i ride bmx and i ride fixed, but i don't find myself calling what other people like to do stupid or 'gay'. sure, i could find basket weaving to be stupid but im sure that person that basket weaves finds me riding my 20inch bike stupid. everyone has interests and everyone is subjected to their own opinion but calling something stupid or 'gay' just seems so childish to me.