Self Tanning Sprays/Lotions

KyleFall

Does anyone on SuFu use these?

I'm naturally very pasty white, and winter in atlantic canada doesn't help things any. I was wondering what the best products are, best bang for your buck etc. I'm not overly interested in tanning beds so I figured this was my best option.

I've read you should always wear latex gloves because most of these products stain your hands, that you should exfoliate prior to application and you shouldn't put your clothing back on or shower for an hour after applying it. If you have any other tips please share.

Looking for all feedback, negative and positive on this stuff.

Does anyone on SuFu use these?

I'm naturally very pasty white, and winter in atlantic canada doesn't help things any. I was wondering what the best products are, best bang for your buck etc. I'm not overly interested in tanning beds so I figured this was my best option.

okay, i'd neg rep but you're repping PEI and it's pretty much known for it's potatoes and a bridge, so we'll give you the benefit of the doubt here. Do yourself a favour and avoid self tanning sprays at ALL COSTS. you look gross and phony as shit. Use tanning beds sparingly, because even if it feels a bit ginger-beer you're actually giving yourself a boost...you'll like a tad bit healther, and probably feel better to from the warmth and UV. Sparingly. sparingly.

Yeah Clopek, I'm currently living in the middle of nowhere and trying to get out asap.

The winters here are harsh as hell, so I'm stuck indoors quite a bit. I'm just paranoid about the negative effects tanning beds can have on you.

that's only if you end up like dr. zoidberg up there and go 3 times a week, every week. I know girls that do it every once in a while just to avoid looking sickly and they don't look unnatural, and I dont think it's any worse than regular exposure to the sun in the summertime (probably much less harsh actually)

solid advice. are there certain types of beds that are more effective than others?

what type of products would you suggest applying before tanning?

I'm kinda white as a ghost myself. I usually go tanning on a tanning bed once every 2 months or so for about 10 minutes a session. Definitely use some indoor tanning lotion to keep the tan longer.

You wouldn't want to overdo it. The goal here, at least for me, is to look as natural as possible. Through experience, lotions don't exactly do it.

As for the safety, some sun light is good for your skin. But overexposure to UV rays is never a good thing. With tanning beds, it's in a much controlled environment.

if you are pale, its best to stay that way. much hotter than pale trying to be tan.

but i think if girls are have yellow/olive undertones in their skin, tanning can be okay in moderation.

i use dove energy glow.....works pretty well on me. it doesn't necessarily make you a whole lot tanner, but just makes you look more normal than having ghost white skin. in other words, it makes your skin look "healthier" with a slightly darker feel to it.

my advice is that you apply it evenly on your skin.....and should probably use it every other day to keep the color the same.

if you're as pale as you seem to claim it's probably better that you don't try a tanning bed. they will tan you much quicker than natural exposure to the sun (obviously) but you can also burn very easily, and then it'll just peel or be red constantly. embrace the paleness.

you'll have a difficult time looking natural with self-tanner, especially if you plan to go multiple shades darker. i can't imagine the story that explains the pasty white contrast of the back of you hands to the rest of your dark skin.

nevertheless, i'll come clean in my hypocracy. jergens natual glow medium. don't expect a fresh of the beach tan. it will even skin tone and take away some of that polar bear pale.

Artificial tans are total crap. You have to have a decent base colour before they're any use if not you just turn orange.

I know as I am the palest guy alive. Permanent snowman.

One girlfriend told me I had a great body but it was "unfinished".

It took me a long time to get any confidence in my body though, so I know where you're coming from ... Best thing is just stay in shape and make your plays with what you already got.