brand synergy

OMG

yeah dude, exactly, your style was derived from all the influences in your life, I respect that alot. In fact I think you're one of them people here who just rocks what they like without giving a damn about anything else thats going down on this board, neither do you put down what you're not into. and fuck, you're 30% the reason why ive decided to spend money on a green sub!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah dude, exactly, your style was derived from all the influences in your life, I respect that alot. In fact I think you're one of them people here who just rocks what they like without giving a damn about anything else thats going down on this board, neither do you put down what you're not into. and fuck, you're 30% the reason why ive decided to spend money on a green sub!

you're last post was right on the money, i kind of stole a part of it for my sig. hope thats cool.

I respect milspex dedication. It's hard to find loyalty and dedication in the current wave of streetwear hypebeasts. It's basically what japanese streetwear was based on. Brand loyalty, dedication to clothing and brands that represent your lifestyle. You have to be honest, post modernity in streetwear has ruined a lot of american brands in my eyes. I think there is a lot of respect for people who see brands and clothing as more than trends or mindless hype, but a complete representation of a way of life.

-sort of off topic-

As much as people hate the brand and even though I don't personally wear it, I think The Hundreds has the best chance of lasting the test of time as a true american streetwear brand. They have dedicated themselves to representing california culture instead of revolving streetwear trends. Of course whether a brand lasts in the long run depends on the careful decisions that protect and maintain the brands integrity. If they continue to evolve with time, I think they've got a chance to really establish themselves as one of the best brands in American streetwear right now.

i have bought clothes at old navy (dont hate!) after spending a few bills on denim over the course of a few years since i am unemployed and still in high school lol. their stuff are actually pretty nice for $8 sweaters and $3 tees, plain simple and clean. and just recently i have grown to like Skulls after purchasing their mid-length wallet, anything from their shoes to denim is everything a has rocker ever wished for.

im much more about creating a look where all the pieces are in synergy in apperance, regardless of the brands. Today i wore a HM oxford cloth western shirt , no name grey hood, US gov wool watch cap, beat to shit Big ben chore coat, brown Carhartt duck pants and beaten adidas... no real line in the brands, but I had a clear idea of what look I wanted.

so, my point is, if certain pieces fits into a culture/look, and isnt obviously branded, what difference does it make what brand it is?

I saw a guy wearing all dior once and it looked really good. If you didnt know dior stuff, it would have been impossible to tell, because of the fact that dior never brands any of their clothing on the visible part. He has on the washed black jeans, a striped tee with a bee, and some of those blue and white B01 low tops. Looked really good. Too expensive though.

• 1 year later...

Bringing this one back from the dead. I remember reading this over a year ago and thinking about how unlikely it would be for me to adopt a brand as essentially the only one I purchase from, even though I remember being attracted to the idea at the time. Here I find myself pretty firmly in the Toyo camp, with the only clothes I wear that aren't from them being an Iron Heart belt and a pair of Alden 405s that I have had for three years. This definitely isn't a purist pursuit, because on all days I am wearing something from Mister Freedom, something from Sugar Cane's Standard line, and usually something from Buzz Rickson. Between these, three, and with the addition of Great Dismal, I imagine its highly unlikely that I will be buying clothes from any other companies, with the exceptions of Alden, Whites, and perhaps Russell Moccasins for shoes.