What's your favorite car(s)?

Ichigo100%

I prefer the feeling of automatic i must confess.. I find that driving manual just gets too cumbersome.. With automatic i dont need to worry about clutch or shifting gears..

Btw, if anybody in the surrounding Toronto area can find me a used Toyota celica GT model with less than 90 clicks on it, give me a shout..

celica_gt.jpg

_7xu-LdnIe8

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer the feeling of automatic i must confess.. I find that driving manual just gets too cumbersome.. With automatic i dont need to worry about clutch or shifting gears..

of the recent models, the gt-s is the one to get

has VVTL-i, 40hp more, and a 6-speed manual

it's true that automatics are better for city driving

but in the case of the celica, the automatic only has 4 gears

Ive checked out the Gt-S model and i must say it's pretty sweet, but i will never get around to driving manual for reasons specified.. City driving is what i would be doing for the most part anyway..(that is, once i get my liscense :()

4 gears does sound a bit wimpy, but id rather auto than anything..

I need to buy myself a 1998 BMW M3 Sedan / M3 Blue / Automatic / Sports Package.

I want this car with less than 5,000 miles on it, preferably purchase it from a collector.

did you know that when you buy or lease a new bmw, you get a four year warranty which covers periodic service? that means for four years, you just have to pay for the vehicle cost, operating costs, and wear and tear. this is a huge deal since bmw maintenance is very expensive, if you have to pay for it (in comparison to other luxury brands).

bmw will never again make a car which will completely compare to the e36 M3, but I think it's in your best interest to look at a new model. the newer cars, though heavier and larger, offer a superior overall driving experience. vast improvements are made over 15 years.

lots of people, including myself, have a fondness for certain older cars. but you have to be certain about whether it's worth buying. money-holes get boring real quick.

Ya, I know the whole deal with BMW & pretty much every other Euro company (killer maintenance). I used to have a E46 328i, and now have a B5 Audi A4.

I just definitely need that car by the time I'm 30 or something, lol.

I'm fine with the vehicles I own now, but I wouldn't mind picking that up on the side you know?

ahahah,

you dont like the celica too much TPR?

It's just funny that "Looks Fast" was the actual ad campaign for the celica. That's all. Also, I think it's sorta a "girl's" car. But who am I to judge, this is what I drive:

(in black)

011.jpg

if I had unlimited funds, I would still by this car along with an e36 M3 sedan or possibly e39 M5... and an RS4 avant.

I've always had a love for golfs.. So big ups to you on that one..

What year is your golf?

Im really diggin the 2000 golf GTI..but since shit is manual ill never drive it:(

the new rabbits r sexy too

I drive a 2004 Golf R32. It only comes in 6-speed manual in the US :)

i had a lotus elise once.. only kept it for a week, just didnt like it. sure it would be fine if i wanted to do some laps or something but as an every day car it didnt cut it. i would be all about luxurious comfort with power if i had a choice, perhaps a bentley continental?

that said, i wouldnt decline a 612 scaglietti if offered.

i had a ford taurus once.. only kept it for a day, just didnt like it. sure it would be fine if i wanted to do some soccer practices or something but as an every day car it didnt cut it. i would be all about luxurious comfort with power if i had a choice, perhaps a dodge caravan?

that said, i wouldnt decline a dodge spirit if offered.

Only girls drive "performance" cars with automatic transmission. An M3 auto? A 5 speed Civic is sportier and manlier than that shit. Dont like shifting gears in traffic? Boo-hoo, go get a Chrysler Sebring or some shit.

this being said, if you were commuting and had to deal with shitloads of traffic on a daily basis, i'd want an auto tranny. keep your toys for the weekend.

this being said, if you were commuting and had to deal with shitloads of traffic on a daily basis, i'd want an auto tranny. keep your toys for the weekend.

icon14.gif

mt is terrible if you have to commute through traffic daily

with my car, because of the torque, the at was actually faster most of the time

and you get full control of the shifting; it won't upshift on its own until redline.

and it blips on downshifts, and engine brakes aggressively on the right setting

you have to shift very hard with the mt to beat the at times

I suppose a dual clutch, like on the new M3, would be a good alternative

dream car:

dsc01380ls.jpg

bagged squareback with a nice big ragtop. first thing i'll build when i get out of school and financially stable.

daily, i'd take a new rabbit if they ever release anything other than the 2.5 (tdi?). or probably a mk4 1.8t. just something simple and clean with a few mods (not bagged like this one:)

ThursdayMeets007.jpg

The snowmobile;

B7 RS4

Family car;

S8

Choice rides. The RS Avants are choice lifestyle rides.

The S8 is fucking incredible and I lust over it every time I hit the dealer, and the '08 adjustments make it even nicer, I like it more than anything else its size. It's just a shame it's a $110K car that will be a $50K car in 2 years...

The Miura is one of those ultra-buy cars, but it's just too fragile to put on a top 5 or 10 list; it's definitely worthy of being in my own top 20 as well though. Kind of painful to have to admit it's pretty much unattainable/impractical as it's so beautiful; a Ferrari Daytona might even be better in that respect...