Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

I just picked up a pair of Weird Guys in deep indigo. I tried on the 33 at Barney's and they fit with a little room in the waist. I tried a pair of 31s and wasn't able to get them over my thighs/hips/butt. They didn't have a pair of 32s in the store but I figured that if I could get them on, they'd stretch out a bit. I'll be sure to post fit pics as soon as I get them.

to anyone who has done a single warm/hot soak....

was there significant indigo loss or do they stay fairly dark? i'll prob be soaking my pair next month but will hold off if the indigo's bleed a ton.

^IMO soaking gets that little bit of shrinking ( like .25 in) out of the way, and wearing them a little damp seems to get them to mold to your body faster.

Crossssssss post from Raw for Ladies <3

Please forgive first two wear pics, i can't get the lighting right in my room to get the camera to take nonblur :(

Anyways, Naked & Famous, Skinny girls, silk blend. 100+ wears since January, one wash, two hot soaks, sized down 2. (been rotating between three jeans)

4165528262_cf407404e3.jpgg

4164770295_ffd029f3c7.jpg

4165530240_5be5700505.jpg

4164773171_fbb6c5d2e3.jpg

4165534752_d1aa92e146.jpg

^^ they are sanforized so they will have minimal stretching i bet 1-2" tops just cause all clothes stretch. I find it very odd that you guys are hot soaking them because you don't need to.

I think that soaking any jeans b4 use is an alright idea. It gets all the extra starch and chemicals used in the production out, and helps keep the integrity of the denim for a little longer.

I may be way off with this idea tho, just some things I have read.

I agree with you tho, if the shrinking is the issue, soaking is a waste of time on unsanforized denims.

Just washed my 21oz and the shrank like a bitch. At least 2 inches, maybe more... Don't even know if I can wear them anymore... So much for being sanforized...

When you say 2 inches do you mean inseam? My vintage blue weird guys shrank a bunch in length when I washed them. I had to cuff them prior to washing, and thankfully they are the perfect length now non-cuffed.

I didn't try stretching them when they were wet or anything, did you?

No I meant in the waist. Couldn't even get the button close to being done up. I machine dried them so they were already dry but I stuck a garbage can in the waist over night and they have almost stretched back entirely in the waist. Still really tight behind the knees and in the thighs... Probably made worse by the stiffness and thickness of the fabric.

No I meant in the waist. Couldn't even get the button close to being done up. I machine dried them so they were already dry but I stuck a garbage can in the waist over night and they have almost stretched back entirely in the waist. Still really tight behind the knees and in the thighs... Probably made worse by the stiffness and thickness of the fabric.

I don't mean to be rude but after 100+ posts, wouldn't realize that you should air dry your denim not throw it in a drying machine? Next time you wash your jeans, let them air dry or wear them while they are still damp to stretch them back out.

No offense taken. I machine dry all of my other jeans and have never had this much shrinkage. They usually shrink back to their original size, maybe a BIT more after the first wash/dry, but never this much. I wash my jeans fairly often(by Sufu standards) so it's going to suck to have to go through this every month-ish.

Cold water, low heat. It seems that the waist will stretch back to where they were before I washed them. I underestimated the amount of stretch these bad boys had in them. Oh and the button finally popped off but I was able to put it back on and gained an inch in the waist which helped with the post wash fit.

^^ my waist size is now 33.....and these jeans are Vanity sized right? so I'm I right to size down 2.....since these are sz 31...but are actually 33... I keep reading different things...like size down 1 or size down 2....

can anyone clarify?

i am a size 34 waist. i got 2 size down but damn i felt like I was wearing a corset for 3 months! Now it fits great, no need for belt, but i worry after a wash it will be too tight.

IMO just get 1 size down, they will fit perfect the first 3 months IMO, then will get a bit lose, but a belt should do and just use hot wash/dryer method if it gets too loose.

i am a size 34 waist. i got 2 size down but damn i felt like I was wearing a corset for 3 months! Now it fits great, no need for belt, but i worry after a wash it will be too tight.

IMO just get 1 size down, they will fit perfect the first 3 months IMO, then will get a bit lose, but a belt should do and just use hot wash/dryer method if it gets too loose.

Well these are sized 31...and aren't brand new..they've been worn for almost 3-4 months now.... and I really have no choice since these are $40..and have probably already stretched from use.

So 2 sizes down for me lol.... is it just the pics or do they look really light blue to you guys?

Anyone else have ridiculous knee bags on their weird guys? I've been wearing them for about a month and a half and when I stand up after sitting down it looks absolutely ridiculous. Like my knees stick out 5 times farther than they should.

Knee bulges are common when wearing raw denim.. or so i was told? lol

the top block is boxy, then a large taper. i think the cut makes knee bulge unavoidable. when i pull my jeans up a bit the knee bulge isnt as bad...