Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

but i think it's important to note that buying something super-snug and stretching it out with wear will result in a very different fit than just buying one size bigger. the "look" of the smaller one will still appear snug but have folds/creases where the fabric had to stretch to contain your butt/knees/etc. whereas the bigger size is just bigger everywhere, which I personally don't think is as flattering. i guess you just have to pick your poison ...

for the pic immediately above, i'd tend to lean towards recommending a smaller size or even a different fit - that's just too baggy for my taste. the legs almost appear flared!

Edited by tdj

Thanks for the help everyone. Yeah I apologize about the way I wore the jeans, I literally pulled it out of the bag, put it on, and had my girl take pictures. I should of cuffed them to get a better sense of the fit, because the stacks aren't settled it looks odd. @happinessknox you're right, I tucked in my shirt to give a sense of how it fit in the top block.

Would getting another photo up with it cuffed help at all?

I actually do like how the fit is(but I don't know shit) right now, but if it is going to stretch up to 2in, would you guys recommend sizing one down? I can button it all the way up fine, not loose, but it wasn't that tight.

Thanks for the help everyone. Yeah I apologize about the way I wore the jeans, I literally pulled it out of the bag, put it on, and had my girl take pictures. I should of cuffed them to get a better sense of the fit, because the stacks aren't settled it looks odd. @happinessknox you're right, I tucked in my shirt to give a sense of how it fit in the top block.

Would getting another photo up with it cuffed help at all?

I actually do like how the fit is(but I don't know shit) right now, but if it is going to stretch up to 2in, would you guys recommend sizing one down? I can button it all the way up fine, not loose, but it wasn't that tight.

what fit and type of denim are they?

The Weird Guy Jeans in Indigo Selvedge size 33. As far as the fit, my thighs are the issue with jeans, so I figured the cut of the WGs would be best. I like it to be slim up top and goes into a taper. I assumed skinny would be too tight for my thighs and slim wouldn't give me a good taper.

Edited by Ability

They look quite snug in the top block and waist already; I'm not sure if you need to size down. Personally, I would, especially since they look very loose from leg opening all the way up to the top of the knee. This might just be due to the long inseam though. A cuffed picture would help.

The Weird Guy Jeans in Indigo Selvedge size 33. As far as the fit, my thighs are the issue with jeans, so I figured the cut of the WGs would be best. I like it to be slim up top and goes into a taper. I assumed skinny would be too tight for my thighs and slim wouldn't give me a good taper.

i've talked to several people about the stretching in those, 2 inches on top of the 2 inches of vanity sizing, and they have all recommended sizing down as much as possible as long as the thighs fit . . . i can't remember if it was here or hypebeast or something, but a guy posted a pic of his tag 32 measuring 36" in the waist.

personally, im really interested to see your feedback and experience on stretch / sizing of these as you decide on a pair and break them in. how is the density of the denim? are they light enough to wear in the summer?

Thanks for the help. These are my first go at nicer denim so I'm trying to go at it the best I can. Given that, these are the thickest paitr of jeans I've had on. Apparently they are 14oz. Not sure if I would wear these during the summer, especially here in southern california. I'd probably save these for when it is cooler out.

Sizing down 1 isn't going to make those a ball cleavage fit... Are those slim guys? Because if they aren't you seriously need to go down on size because they look like slim guys. If they are slim's, honestly I think the weird guy would be a better fit on you...

Seriously though any time I size like that I end up regretting it when they stretch and I have to sell them on ebay/give them away...

Sizing down 1 isn't going to make those a ball cleavage fit... Are those slim guys? Because if they aren't you seriously need to go down on size because they look like slim guys. If they are slim's, honestly I think the weird guy would be a better fit on you...

Seriously though any time I size like that I end up regretting it when they stretch and I have to sell them on ebay/give them away...

im agreeing with this right now, especially with how much that denim stretches . . .

* Size 32 (34" waist, 10.25" rise, 12" thigh, 8.7" knee, 35.5" inseam, 7.5" leg opening)

* Size 33 (35" waist, 10.5" rise, 12.25" thigh, 8.8" knee, 35.5" inseam, 7.75" leg opening)

blueowl measurements show that you will lose 0.5" inches on the thigh, which might not be too bad . . . try to do a measurement of some other pants you have now and compare them to a 12" thigh

It is weird guys, you recommend sizing one more down? I share the same concerns over that regret of how stretching can mess up a good fit.

Hey guys. Need some advise if I should get sz 29 for Elephant 2 wg. Here are my measurements.

Waist- 31

Upper thigh - ~21-21.5

im sure you can even do a 28 and just stretch the waist depending on how snug you want the fit to be. 29s would be slightly loose on your thighs

im sure you can even do a 28 and just stretch the waist depending on how snug you want the fit to be. 29s would be slightly loose on your thighs

terrible advice for the most part. the e2 denim is so stiff that most people go down only 1 or 2. so a 29 might be really tight for the first few months of wear until they break in, and then could be perfect. a 28 would be insane.

terrible advice for the most part. the e2 denim is so stiff that most people go down only 1 or 2. so a 29 might be really tight for the first few months of wear until they break in, and then could be perfect. a 28 would be insane.

When you say down by 1 or 2, are you referring to tagged size or actual waist size? Anw, does the tagged size runs true to waist size or are they larger by 2 inch? Very confused because denimgeek & blueowl state differently.

http://www.denimgeek.com/jeans-c19/tapered-jeans-c9/naked-famous-denim-jeans-weirdguy-elephant-2-p82

http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=7991400

Edited by Bugsyzx

actually with his thigh size he could probably wear sg ele2s if he wants the thighs to be slim instead of roomy on him

When you say down by 1 or 2, are you referring to tagged size or actual waist size? Anw, does the tagged size runs true to waist size or are they larger by 2 inch? Very confused because denimgeek & blueowl state differently.

http://www.denimgeek...-elephant-2-p82

http://blueowl.us/sc...ail&SKU=7991400

listen to blueowl/tateandyoko

http://www.denimgeek.com/jeans-c19/tapered-jeans-c9/naked-famous-denim-jeans-weirdguy-elephant-2-p82

http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=7991400

wg are vanity sized by 2 inches, some even 3 (left hand twill). so you want to size down via the tag size. your actual waist of a 31 will be found in a tag size of 29, and you don't want to downsize any more than this.

don't listen to too awesome and follow the sizing of tate+yoko as they use a generic sizing chart for all of their items - which is so useless that they shouldn't even offer measurements at all, since no info would be better than misleading info - but blueowl.us on the other hand actually measures every pair of pants that they get, takes the average, and then posts the result on their site.

if you don't know what your current measurements are to compare with, take a soft tape measure and measure pants that currently fit will, or a piece of string to take your dimensions with, and measure that length. use this as a comparison to the numbers listed on blueowl.us

also, for e2s, you can find them here (only have sizes 28,29,30), but you can google for a 20% off coupon code, and get them for $105 instead of $132

http://www.karmaloop.com/product/The-Weird-Guy-Jeans-in-Elephant-2-Wash/169240

karma loop . com /product/The-Weird-Guy-Jeans-in-Elephant-2-Wash/169240

Try these codes: http://www.kl-coupon-codes.com/

Edited by hawkway

im not saying follow tate and yokos to a T because its obviously generic charts but look at the denim geek measurements. the tag and waist are the same.

theyre 'vanity sized' but its also because they know youre not wearing it at your actual waist. for regular people who have hips bigger than their waist, the tagged waist will be their actual waist but the measured waist will fit where they actually sit on you because theyre low rise

Decided to go with 29 wg. Yea. Getting them from karmaloop tho shipping is not gonna be cheap because Im not from US. Hopefully I dont have to return them. Anws, thanks for the input tooawesome & hawkway. Really appreciate it. Will post a fit pic in about a week's time!

Those look awesome cabes!

I picked them up too, but the inseam is pretty short.. I think soaking them would make them pretty much unwearable for me..