Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

yeah those are the 21oz from a couple of years back.

between the other two, indigo/indigo and deep indigo, which would you recommend? is there a big difference in colour after wear?

I wore the indigo/indigo and they are some really fast fading denim, they go from a dark dark dark blue into electric blue and you get that nice slub texture to it. The deep indigo is just the basic denim and will fade like most simple indigo denim with some good time and wear on them, go back a few pages and you'll find faded pictures of both

So uh can anyone help me guess my size in n&f x oni? I haven't tried on weird guys in a long time. I normally wear a 29 in skinnyguys, and 29 in unsanforized weird guy high, post soak (paul rose products slim), but as I understand it the n&f x onis sit even lower than most weirdguys. I'm only worried about the fit at the waist.

Edited by sehns

I wear a 29 in deep indigo weird guys, I opted for a 30 in the Oni collab assuming it would shrink a good amount. I really haven't see a ton of shrinkage (though I imagine if I machine washed rather than hot-soaked it would shrink more) but the 30s fit quite a bit like the 29 deep indigos with regard to most of the measurements just a little too big in the waist. It really doesn't bother me at all because I like them to sit a little bit low (not so far that my ass is hanging out or anything) and I always wear a belt. If I didn't, however, I think the waist would be a bit too large. All that being said, I think if you wear a 29 in skinny guys you could wear 29 Onis fairly safely. I highly recommend them by the way, they fade so much more interestingly than any other jeans I've owned and the quality of the construction is great. I would caution you if you're very tall though, after a hot soak your inseam won't be any longer than 33", at least in my experience.

Thanks, +rep, yeah I'm short so I may even hem them after soaking... The paul rose slim's shrank to the perfect length (my inseam + an inch ish of stacking)

If you say they fit like a 29wg post hot soak I dont think I'll have a problem with size 29 then. I only soak or hand wash so I'm not worried about additional shrinkage and I guess I can always soak the legs and leave the waist out if its tight. I dont normally buy jeans with such a low rise so I really dont know how they'll fit until I see them I guess, but the denim is awesome & slubby so I'm buying them anyway. I'm in love with the denim on my Paul Rose 17oz but the WG high cut flares out at the hips on me sadly.

Edited by sehns

yeah, if you don't mind wearing them a little lower on your waist the rise shouldn't be an issue. I see people on here bitch about it constantly but I've always thought they fit wonderfully. I suppose it's just a perfect fit for me. Even if the waist shrinks more than you'd like it pretty much stretches right back to pre-soak after a few wears.

Edited by happinessknox

2012-01-30112340.jpg

2012-01-30112314.jpg

Hey peeps, am in the process of purchasing my first pair of N&F and was wondering which model is this, really liking the color. Was browsing and wanted to buy the fhxnfxty but couldn't find my size. HELP ME OUT GUYS I HOPE YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR IN COLOR. My size is 28 true fit. Thanks a whole lot on helping a noobie out.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by hawkway, April 2, 2012 - wrong
Hidden by hawkway, April 2, 2012 - wrong

would anyone be interested in a new pair of wg deeps in a size 34? i've had them for a while, but have only worn them once since i got my momo/bj collabs . . . i was going to start wearing them now, but tried them on and i think they are a little big.

they are still completely stiff. i only wore them out once, and have been sitting in my room ever since.

Edited by hawkway

Hey guys I'm new to buying Raw Denim's and I'm looking into buying some elephant 2 weird guys. I'm around 5"7 and 145lbs, not sure if i should buy them in 30's or 28's, i typically buy my jeans in 30 and there is about an inch of room extra (there is no 29 option). I like a slim but not skinny fit as well as a nice fitted look. any tips or opinions? also the size chart says that the tag size says 28 but the actual waist is 30, does that mean if i buy them in 28's they will fit like 30's?

Edited by TCJ

does that mean if i buy them in 28's they will fit like 30's?

yes. for best results, if you are looking for a pair with specific measurements, talk to jay at blueowl to have him find you a pair with those exact, or as close as possible to those measurements.

Anyone have pics of their worn "Black Power Stretch" denim? I started wearing mine again and wanted to see what kind of wear I should look forward to. Looks like it will take a while to show any significant fades or characteristics though.

Thanks!

i heard elephants 2's dont stretch tho and was told to buy true size compared to lighter denim

buying tts doesn't change the vanity sizing . . . a tagged 28 will still have a 30" waist, but you should talk to jay at blueowl to make sure the pair that you order actually has those measurements.

since these jeans are made by hand, there is size variation between all of them - hence some pairs running big/small in the same size. so jay might have a 28 that actually measures to a 29/29.5/30/30.5, so if you email him with your EXACT size, he can help find a pair to best match it.

because of the raw denim and the nature of these jeans, they are vanity sized (1 inch for skinnyguys, 2 inches for weirdguys), and then stretch as they break in on top of that. so a pair of weirdguys that stretch 1" after they are broken in will actually measure 3" larger in the waist from whatever the tagged size is.

Is it just me or is anybody getting tired of seeing sizing questions ? If you know your actual waist size it's not a complicated process. Other people can tell you want size to get but nobody will know any better on sizing than yourself. You have access to your measurements. Or try and return. That's always been an option.

buying tts doesn't change the vanity sizing . . . a tagged 28 will still have a 30" waist, but you should talk to jay at blueowl to make sure the pair that you order actually has those measurements.

since these jeans are made by hand, there is size variation between all of them - hence some pairs running big/small in the same size. so jay might have a 28 that actually measures to a 29/29.5/30/30.5, so if you email him with your EXACT size, he can help find a pair to best match it.

because of the raw denim and the nature of these jeans, they are vanity sized (1 inch for skinnyguys, 2 inches for weirdguys), and then stretch as they break in on top of that. so a pair of weirdguys that stretch 1" after they are broken in will actually measure 3" larger in the waist from whatever the tagged size is.

a 30" waist but it doesnt even sit on the waist with its rise