Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

Pre hot soak/cold wash (don't know which yet) pics

Naked and Famous Weird Guy Indigo Selvedge size 31

I know they're nothing special but I LOVE them. My first pair of raw denim so how could I not

bought in november but couldn't wear my jeans for about a month, maybe more. also got a pair of 3sixteens that I wore for about 2 weeks that I haven't really started wearing yet cause I had to send them back for repair, chainstitch was coming undone in places.

Anyways, about 7 months of wear

Lighting was really crappy in my room so instead of setting the f/stop shutter speed, etc i just turned on the flash so the color is a little off

Hot soak or cold wash?? what do you guys think?

fit pics

IMG_4248.jpg

IMG_4247.jpg

progress pics

IMG_4230.jpg

IMG_4227.jpg

IMG_4231.jpg

repair/reinforcement pics done at spatola tailoring in Costa Mesa across the street from South Coast Plaza near Mastro's

He reinforced the crotch and back pockets, stitched up my left pocket that was coming off and a tear that i had

http://www.yelp.com/biz/spatola-tailoring-santa-ana

IMG_4233.jpg

IMG_4234.jpg

IMG_4236.jpg

IMG_4238.jpg

IMG_4240.jpg

I'm new to denim, so I have some questions/concerns.

I recently bought a pair of Naked and Famous Skinny Guy Silk Denim. How long should I wait before washing the jeans? How should I go about washing them? They've gotten wrinkled, should I iron them, or leave them be?

Just wear them and dont worry about ironing. Wait as long as you can before washing.

On an aside, I have these too and they dont fade amazingly well in my experience. They also have a lot of dye on them.

I'm new to denim, so I have some questions/concerns.

I recently bought a pair of Naked and Famous Skinny Guy Silk Denim. How long should I wait before washing the jeans? How should I go about washing them? They've gotten wrinkled, should I iron them, or leave them be?

Seriously, stick to those!

Wash them once every 3 months or whenever they feel to dirty.

I've always wanted to see how they fade.

Plus rep for doing such a weird pair as a starter!

And don't ever fucking iron your jeans. Ever!

sounds easy to pull off. who would say 'no' to low-cost advertising during a recession?

Thank you for this great argument ;)

I'll visit some stores and talk about this to them (and I'll try to get a pair for free. I can't buy this at the moment)

my first choice was the black skinny jeans, but someone (e0dnoob) made me realize that it wouldn't show the brand's "personality" and a great idea would be a pair of green weird guy's (it could prove how much green raw denim can fade). the purple ones would be super too, BUT I wouldn't wear purple denim every day (and I think it's the same for you guys). Another alternative would be a pair of indigo slim/skinny jeans.I'd probably go for a pair of slim jeans since skinny jeans don't look good on everybody.

At the end of the tour (a year?) the jeans would be shipped to Montreal and would bring them to the owner of N&F.

More visibility on the internet (superfuture, blogs from sufu'ers, etc.) and from people (because the jeans would travel).

Since I'm small, the waist would've to measure 27, 28 or 29 inches. I would wear them and stretch them (I've heard that they stretch a lot).

I know that most people wouldn't normally wear a pair of green raw denims for a month, but it would be perfect for the brand and us (who wouldn't like a "free" pair of denims?)

Please pm me if you would be down for this.

I think that the weird guy is the cut to go with, i prefer the skinny guy but I think the weird guy offers a little more leeway in terms of sizing up or down a bit

The new 21oz weird guy might be interesting, I don't think that most people have something that heavy, whereas I imagine that everyone already has a pair of jeans similar to the deep indigos (midweight indigo selvage denim with contrast stitching...)

On the other hand, for their one year anniversary N&F had a party at Dutil and took orders for custom jeans

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_EoAh-Ckknzk/Sazhwz4xY4I/AAAAAAAAAA4/eU4KNr31AaI/s1600-h/dutil_nakedFamous_for-web.jpg

you picked the cut, the fabric, the thread and the patch and they made it for you

that was a one time thing, but they might be willing to do a one off pair for a tour?

Having said all that, I'm not totally sold on the idea in general, there's a bunch of tours going on already and I'm not sure if its worth doing another unless there's something to distinguish it...

i thought these were a blueingreen exclusive...

who's got them for the cheapest price now? i need either these or deep indigo with orange stitch

those are totally different from the BiG collab, they have different hardware and patch

I believe (don't quote me on this, i havent actually handled the BiG collab) that even the fabric is different. I think that the BiG one is made with the slim guy 21oz fabric which is quite soft whereas the new 21oz weird guy is made with a much more rigid fabric

And I don't know the cheapest place to find them but it seems that Barneys has them for $10 less than tobi.

http://www.barneys.com/Denim/DENIM09,default,sc.html?q=Super&prefn1=designer&prefv1=Naked%20%26%20Famous%20Denim

re: tour

I'd be into doing a month of green weird guys or something else interesting in size 28-31. I'm in vancouver, if anyone else in the area takes part we could do a handoff.

for some reason i feel like n&f are disproportionately worn by canadians...

The slimguy is my favorite fit. By chance I met Brandon, the owner of N&F in Blueingreen on a visit to NY a few weeks ago and he had a sample of a pair of new very dark indigo slimguy. They dont go on sale until January. Tried to get him to sell me his sample as a bit of pre sale publicity but no such luck. They're my next pair.

so far, there's me, ednoob, hendodo and opie

We're only talking right now, nothing is sure.

I need something slim, so I might opt for the blue slim ones, but I'd like to wear the green weird's. I Just hope they arent too large.

okay. so its looking like this:

sz 29

greencast weird guys

new dark indigo slim guys??

ppls:

1. Will

2.ednoob

3.hendodo

4.opie

i would prefer the slim guys, if this goes through. weird guys are pretty tapered AND theyve got a small hem ( less than 7.5).