Ysl Fw 08.09

francojean23

This is by far the best show of the season. I want everything from this collections. It's well designed with the modern man in mind and very aspirational, which I think high fashion should be.

Wide and skinny pants come and go just as much as lapel sizes and tie widths change. To those who argue they're skinny so they like skinny pants, the model wearing the clothes is pretty slim and I'd say the pants look damn good on him. It's nice having variety in life. It would be the equivalent of being a woman who only wore tight skinny mini skirts regardless of whatever else is out there. Sounds pretty boring and limited.

everyone keeps saying flare but it looks like they are just wide legged?

[confirm/deny]

They're 70s YSL type pants so they probably flare a little, the overall effect is there any way you look at it.

This is by far the best show of the season. I want everything from this collections. It's well designed with the modern man in mind and very aspirational, which I think high fashion should be.

Wide and skinny pants come and go just as much as lapel sizes and tie widths change. To those who argue they're skinny so they like skinny pants, the model wearing the clothes is pretty slim and I'd say the pants look damn good on him. It's nice having variety in life. It would be the equivalent of being a woman who only wore tight skinny mini skirts regardless of whatever else is out there. Sounds pretty boring and limited.

right, he's skinny, but also fairly tall. in my case i am skinny but only 5'6" and am pretty sure those pants wouldn't be suitable on people of my stature. i would say at least 5'9".

as for wearing all skinny pants all the time, there's also something to be said with consistency in one's wardrobe. if your image varies from day to day, then i suppose you don't really have an image. sure variety is nice, but within a certain range.

the wide leg pants are growing on me, and i can appreciate them, but they would never be in my closet (financial reasons aside).

True it's always better when you're tall and skinny, and rich.

From my limited experience, YSL stuff is beautiful quality but I don't know the distinction between YSL pour hommes and YSL rive gauche and...?

right, he's skinny, but also fairly tall. in my case i am skinny but only 5'6" and am pretty sure those pants wouldn't be suitable on people of my stature. i would say at least 5'9".

as for wearing all skinny pants all the time, there's also something to be said with consistency in one's wardrobe. if your image varies from day to day, then i suppose you don't really have an image. sure variety is nice, but within a certain range.

the wide leg pants are growing on me, and i can appreciate them, but they would never be in my closet (financial reasons aside).

The height thing may be an issue, but I don't think that wearing wide leg some how compromises ones look. If that were the case seeing wide and skinny pants in one collection such as YSL would be incongruous. I don't think an image is only defined by silhouette, but rather attitude and look.

• 2 months later...