Ysl Fw 08.09

francojean23

here comes the typical sufu reply.

i feel like the collection gets better after all the flaring has stopped and where the guy is wearing the blue jacket going from left to right. from that point on everything is simply great.

i'm skinny as fuck so maybe i'm just partial to skinny fit clothing.

..everyone does know that wide-legged trousers are what is actually classic, and

slim legs on menswear did not figure much into mainstream style until late into

the last century?

i'm assuming by classic the flare was around the 60s or 70s? and the slim significantly later...or am i off? just checking to see if my facts are straight. i'd appreciate any response.

while i can appreciate the classic styling i much rather prefer the slim look,.but after all i am a product of the late last century, so i suppose it's only normal.

This one's alright.

when I saw the pieces, I thought there was nothing special - I felt like it lacked "character". They just looked good.

Some of the coats/jackets strangely reminds me of Jil Sander.

Good collection but not so amazing.

actually, if you look back, we've been changing from slim to loose since the 1800s.

im talking tailored suiting and what we, today, call trousers.

if i look any further back than the 19th century, i'll have to consider far too many men in tights and tunic tops.