Breaking Bad

Handlethevibe

why did gus go confront hector? seems like an unlikely misstep for him. if he killed hector right after hector spoke with the dea, wouldn't it be pretty obvious who done it? maybe gus figured he was done either way.

I thought it was brilliant that Gus became undone because of his emotional desire for personal vengeance. He is usually completely flat and utiliatarian when it comes to violence.

Gus went to kill Hector personally because Hector was the last remaining connection to the cartel.... it didn't hurt that Hector killed his brother years earlier.

I think it was purely about complete venegance. My buddy noted that Gus was wearing the same jacket at the nursing home as he wore when his partner was killed. (It wasn't his brother btw, it was his business partner, possibly also lover. I enjoy the speculation that Gus is gay, but there is not much to substantiate it.)

I agree that it was a poor choice on Gus' part. The moment he stepped out of the car in the nursing home parking lot, I looked at a buddy of mine and said "Gus is fucking up". Yes, he wanted the "job" done correctly, but he made it way too personal. He failed to separate his emotions from his job, and it cost him his life.

This.

if he killed hector right after hector spoke with the dea, wouldn't it be pretty obvious who done it? maybe gus figured he was done either way.

I assumed Hector's death was to come from insulin overdose, which I've been told is frequently difficult to identify as homicide. I remember the case of a nurse killing many elderly hospital patients this way and it took many months before she was identified as a suspect.

Good call Baeyer about it being his business partner and not his brother, I was mistaken.

A friend and I were also discussing the possibility of Gus being gay. You're right, there's no concrete evidence to back it up.... but there's a reason he was portrayed as "single" throughout the series. Or maybe I just analyze this badass show far too much.

EDIT: just did some Google searching. In the Podcast for Episode 8 of this season, when asked about Gus' sexuality, Gilligan says "it's open for interpretation".... interesting.

I think it was purely about complete venegance. My buddy noted that Gus was wearing the same jacket at the nursing home as he wore when his partner was killed. (It wasn't his brother btw, it was his business partner, possibly also lover. I enjoy the speculation that Gus is gay, but there is not much to substantiate it.)

Gus wore a tan suit when he went to meet with Don Eladio, when he went to the nursing home he had a navy blue suit. Also with the gay speculation, no concrete evidence but looking back on Gail maybe who knows.

Anyways, finally caught up and finished the fourth season. The season was absolutely insane, and I can't wait for the next

agreed on all bases re: the final episode being awesome, my one question:

wouldn't Gus' henchman (other dark skinned dude, donno if they ever identified him by name) have probably noticed the bomb strapped to the bottom of hector's wheelchair prior to giving Gus the OK to come in? you'd think with their usual standards of preparation/precaution he would have found the considerably obvious mechanism with a simple lookaround...just my 2 cents on 'dat

That episode was fucking insane. I have to agree with DÃœM on the last scene.. It was a bit redundant.

it'd be redundant if it was explained beforehand, which it wasn't.

not everyone is an eagle-eyed internetter who goes over every episode with a fine comb. that shot in which walt looked towards the flower in the preceding episode was only a couple of seconds.

they shouldve shown Gus fall dead in the initial angle, only showing his half destroyed face when he hit the floor. wouldve been more breaking bad like. never thought about gus being gay, but he does give off a vibe now that i think about it.

not really any gripes tho, walt streched the limit of luck/manipulation with his plan, the resolution seems improbable but it was satisfying and well staged.

P.S. breaking bad broke sufu

really interested what theyre going to do next season

obv there has to be walt vs jesse climax which will be fucking awesome. i am both dreading and anticipating when jesse finds out what walt did. its inevitable.

but they also now have to tie up walt vs hank -- after the laundry explosion, hank's theory will be proven correct and the DEA is going to now have to follow that shit up

walt vs mike -- mike is still alive (i think this is confirmed in a couple interviews with gilligan). mikes not going to be happy with whats happened id assume.

and possibly walt vs gus' chilean contacts -- i dont know if they will delve into this, but when the cartel killed gus' business associate/brother, they did elude to his badass background (not killing him because they "know of him"). the writers have also kept his background really mysterious, but you kind of get the assumption he did some bad shit back in chile to be where he is now. cool if walt now has to deal with chile underground.

Definitely dead as ted is although yeah I thought gus was walking out of there and catching a plane to team up with Mike again for sure for a split second myself...going back to the symbolism of earlier seasons, saw this posted somewhere else:iPxcE.png

That's from one of the first shots of this season I believe, when they show Gale's backstory a bit before fast forwarding to jesse-as-killer fallout. Two-face ripoff redeemed imo after catching that + walt going all in in season 3 and us seeing shit is going to fall on those around him and not him if he can help it.

Such an awesome ending, shoudlve been the series finale.

was a pretty good ending but definitely shouldnt have finished the series.

Overall I dont think the ending really had the impact I wanted, if you know what I mean. It was great and yeah it definitely showed the change Walt has undertaken but it didnt have me sitting there going "What the fuck....." that episode early on where Walt runs over those two dealers and saves jessie and then pops them in the head, now that was a fucking ending. I wanted to see something like that to end this massive feud that spanned practically a whole season.

was a pretty good ending but definitely shouldnt have finished the series.

I just can't see whats left. Walt/Jessie feud would be dumb... Walt has proven how detail oriented he is and would never let Jessie find out. DEA investigation into Walt? Really fail to see how that would work with the factory burned down, and Gus wasn't the type of man to leave a will exposing his partners in crime. Mike going against Walt? The show has basically demonstrated how good Mike is so he could easily kill Walt, but he really has no good reason to... he'd just get a new job. And some sort of ex-junta chilean military man coming to follow up on Gus's death would be retarded.

No idea what the plot for next season will be, hopefully they don't keep the series going for too much longer though.

^ i agree, we will just have to find out, shouldn't the questions be is walt or jessie going to cook meth anymore? how are they going to get back into it, find someone new, work for themselves? I always felt that Mike and Walt had an understanding, even when Walt went to ask Mike to hand over Gus.

the good thing is they announced that the show ends in 16 episodes if im not mistaken, split into 2 seasons.

Any ideas as to where the missing cigarette with ricin went?

No one knows and it's kind of irrelevant at this point; they could have just flushed it down the toilet or something. All we know is that Huell took it off Jesse and Walt planned it all with Saul.

I think season 4 can function as an acceptable series finale and that's how Gilligan planned it, in case they weren't able to reach a deal for season 5, however, Gilligan stated (read it the other day) that he would not have wanted Breaking Bad to end after 4 seasons because there is a whole lot more story to be told. I'm fine with that and I have a lot of faith in him and his crew :) Here's hoping season 5 can continue the amazing quality. I honestly don't know what the plot line will be...Walt v. Jesse? Hank? That German conglomerate that Hank was speaking about? Will we see flashbacks including Gus' past? I don't know.

It feels funny because I think a lot of us might be more patient and maybe indifferent as compared to last season, which ended on a pretty awesome high-octane note where as this season has left us wondering what sort of direction the series will take.