Leathercrafting Creations: PYC

OptimaDies

I have been collaborating with a local boot maker to make the first Blackacre Horween HORSEHIDE Boot!!!!

I am beyond happy with the results so far. i will post some updates after the new year. if anyone is interested that is......

anyways, was at a local shoemaker supply store today picking up some of the last details needed for the boot. and in a dusty corner in the back of the store i found this little treasure trove :)

6512614153_7be0900d58_z.jpg

6512614383_a186f5f773_z.jpg

6512614577_2025ac06d4_z.jpg

Thanks guys!

I am super excited about this little project! plus i get a new pair of boots! so its a win win for me lol

things are really picking up for my little business. i am shocked! since i have a crappy website and just a facebook page. and my drunkin hobby is turning into a legit thing. :)

heres a new design i have been working on. wanted to make some simpler designs

and a wallet design for front pocket wallet dudes.

whiskey and ravello shell cordovan

6514553137_752719f2ee_z.jpg

6514553209_c350562027_z.jpg

6514553283_b8985edb19_z.jpg

and a little tooled wallet action

6514553009_7b1857be06_z.jpg

6514574151_34d79786a4_z.jpg

6514553069_7f328a2720_z.jpg

Edited by TheBlackGoat

Thanks Mr. Nic! Yeah its pig skin. There was no horween logos on the cordovan pieces...so I did that to add some class

That whiskey wallet is sewn with sewing awl thread. Finally gave it a try after your recommendation. I dig it. It lays really nice in the hole

I can see why its your go to thread.

cool Mr. Corter! i like the minimal stuff you have been busting out as of late......its harder do a minimal design, then a complicated one sometimes. VERY COOL!

here is a new design for me as well, my first full on billfold, six slots, hidden slots. and designed for all currency (my last billfold only fit american dollars)

6528681281_0f46dbce71_b.jpg

6528681039_2fa10c10c5_z.jpg

6528681163_3eda606522_z.jpg

Edited by TheBlackGoat

Your spacing on component piece edges is great!

6266684799_18952a7ee8_z.jpg

This wallet has been getting tough love on a farm for about 2 months. Minor redesign as well.

6528717695_7605790e0d_b.jpg

Long redesign by PaleoWorkshop, on Flickr

6528718699_a8c62f3fc4_b.jpg

Long redesign by PaleoWorkshop, on Flickr

6528719557_6e605e0466_b.jpg

Long wallet guts by PaleoWorkshop, on Flickr

Added a check pocket, d-ring and extended the card slot to cover the flap.

Got a Gangbang of thread i never use anymore, just sitting on my shelf, its multiple sizes and colors, and about 6 other rolls are not in picture

easily over $150 USD in thread.. if anyone is interested in buying PM me and make a offer.

thought someone on here would get some use out of it. instead of it getting dirty in my work area.

6086654618_ace323622a_b.jpg

Hey,

Just wondering, what kind of thread are those on the most right side of the picture. The natural and the white color threads!

Thanks in advance

nice long wallet man,

are you using some edge kote / oil to the edge?

Using some brown dye on the edge with a dauber. I wasn't really happy with the results I was getting using the Bob Park method with saddle soap and mixed wax. I'm still experimenting with dying, one thing I've noticed any excess spots of glue/leather cement on the edges will stand out because they don't absorb the dye as well. I think my glueing technique could use some refinement as well.

I just used it for the first time last week...on a whiskey cordovan card wallet I posted up at the top of the page......

I really dig the stuff. I have tried just about all waxed threads I can find on the net. This is the best outside of japan thread I have used.

I am planing to head out the Garment district in downtown LA to find some similar non waxed sewing machine

threads in other colors. Since it seems everyone that orders from me wants red stitch haha...

When it comes to thread sizing I am no pro. I can't tell if its 207 or what.

Do your happen to know Mr corter?

Or perhaps this is the time for Mr. Unlucky to chime in with his sewing machine machine expertise.

It was pretty fun to sew with thread again....been doing sinew for so long .

yea, linen's a no go for me- I'd much rather use synthetics that last as long as the leather itself than go with organic and deal with breakages. After 4 years of using the tandy stuff (which I'm not sure of the exact size blackgoat, sry), I've never had a report of a single broken stitch. It may have happened and I wasn't told, but I think that speaks pretty good to the strength of the stuff.

Using some brown dye on the edge with a dauber. I wasn't really happy with the results I was getting using the Bob Park method with saddle soap and mixed wax. I'm still experimenting with dying, one thing I've noticed any excess spots of glue/leather cement on the edges will stand out because they don't absorb the dye as well. I think my glueing technique could use some refinement as well.

you should try water and linen. I use old grain bags and water, then a little bit of wax. Super easy, takes very little time to figure out, works quick for natural veg. tan

you should try water and linen. I use old grain bags and water, then a little bit of wax. Super easy, takes very little time to figure out, works quick for natural veg. tan

Will do, I've got plenty of canvas around. Dyeing is a real pain, very difficult trying to get the line perfect. Does the edge stay dark with water?

Man is it easy to get stuck in burnishing-land. Sewing and malleting are part zen, part OCD. Burnishing is all OCD and self depreciation.

Will do, I've got plenty of canvas around. Dyeing is a real pain, very difficult trying to get the line perfect. Does the edge stay dark with water?

Man is it easy to get stuck in burnishing-land. Sewing and malleting are part zen, part OCD. Burnishing is all OCD and self depreciation.

Burnishing has never been an ocd thing for me, lately because I've been pumping out work as fast as my hands can make it and don't have time. after something's used for a year it looks 10x better than anything hand burnished even with raw edges, so that might be it. My edges come out a golden brown usually, and I've got no clue how they stay or get fuzzy- my personal stuff stays smooth, but customers don't really send me pictures very often. I think you'll like the water/linen- gum trag works great too and it's super quick.

About 1am here, just finished up a dozen snap wallets and card wallets. I've been working in a more production line style lately (by myself...but it works well in quantity), so this was started Friday and finished today, along with about 400 packs of picks punched and bagged in the box behind everything, then outgoing orders addressed and stamped. Honestly haven't slept more than 6 hours a night in the last 2 weeks, but it oddly only gets more addicting.

6542060889_e28213e775_z.jpg