Self Edge x Flat Head

Dam Its Johnny

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boil-soak and 10 minutes in the dryer took these down to a true 32.

Fit. Is. Perfect.

Not too tight in the thighs, waist is perfectly snug.

I would post pictures, but my wife killed my camera. :(

To anyone who has been breaking in a pair for the past week, how much has the waist stretched? Just wondering how much to expect on my pair and if I need to trade for a size down or not.

To anyone who has been breaking in a pair for the past week, how much has the waist stretched? Just wondering how much to expect on my pair and if I need to trade for a size down or not.

my pair hasnt stretched too much. however they are a tad too big for me in the upper block so taht may be a reason why.

my pair hasnt stretched too much. however they are a tad too big for me in the upper block so taht may be a reason why.

What about you, Leonard Leroy? Any idea how much your size 29s have stretched? The fit on my size 30 is pretty killer right now, but most of the shrink is gone and if the waist is going to stretch an inch I don't think they're gonna fly.

hm i already room temperature soaked for 45 minutes and worn it for about 2 weeks and it didnt shrink to my liking should i soak again in hot water that doesnt ruin the fading qualities amirite?

I don't really think it will help as much if you are doing it the 2nd time the fact that the first time still stretched out, but what do I know, worth to try it.

hm i already room temperature soaked for 45 minutes and worn it for about 2 weeks and it didnt shrink to my liking should i soak again in hot water that doesnt ruin the fading qualities amirite?

Boil.

Dryer.

Grow a pair.

I bought a pair of 29s since I'm normally a 29. They're stiff as hell, which scares me since I don't usually wear denim that rough. The thigh area is crazy tight too but I play football (translation: soccer), so I guess I don't have the girly thighs required to pull these off. ><.

I think I'm going to get rid of mine. PM me if you need a 29, I've never worn them out, just tried on for the fit, tags and everything still intact.

I bought a pair of 29s since I'm normally a 29. They're stiff as hell, which scares me since I don't usually wear denim that rough. The thigh area is crazy tight too but I play football (translation: soccer), so I guess I don't have the girly thighs required to pull these off. ><.

I think I'm going to get rid of mine. PM me if you need a 29, I've never worn them out, just tried on for the fit, tags and everything still intact.

Stop being a punk. WEAR YOUR JAWNS.

pansy

10char

went ahead and soaked 'em warm for in and around 1 hour and 20 minutes ( i kinda lost track ).

some quick measurements:

pre-soak

waist: 30.something

inseam: 38

leg opening: 7.5

post-soak

waist: 29.5 - but i stretched them when they were wet, they're back to a bit over 30

inseam: 36

leg opening: 7

overall everything got a tad more snug. at first shit was almost too tight, but after a day of light wear running errands and what not, they're starting to feel good. i'm eager to see how these are going to fit in about 20 or so wears.

2453511874_bb503d7e0f_o.jpg

think i'm going to give one more hot soak or wash because the indigo got on the threading in the front and turned it greenish. It's annoying me. What do you guys think?

I think Wabi Sabi.