Self Edge x Flat Head

Dam Its Johnny

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest noogsahoy

how are both correct?

the first statement says that it will shrink 1.3 inches the other says it will be 1.5 inches more than the tagged size?

however they dont match up.

1.3 inches off the waist of a size 30 bk = 32.3

1.5 inches more than tagged size of a 30 bk = 31.5

maybe the difference is neglible, but just wondering

the indigos shrink to tagged size.

In case anyone missed it while they were sufu-less the past few days:

The most anticipated release we've had since our opening will take place on

April 19th in the form of the SEXFH05.

Our collaboration with Flat Head is a reworking of the famous 3001/F310 jean.

We took what we think is a great slim cut jean, and tweaked it to create the perfect

slim cut jean for us.

We reduced the leg opening of the jean so that there is more of a taper near the

hem, increased the denim weight (16oz for Indigo - 14.5oz for Black), made it a

button-fly enclosure, brought back half of the old arcuates with the forked tongue,

all the stitching consists of Cotton-Poly Core thread, and the pocket bags are made

of military grade olive herringbone fabric.

The SEXFH05 will be released on Saturday April 19th at 12:00 (PST) in-store and

at 17:00 (PST) via our online store.

Sizes run from 28 to 36, and will retail for $335. Each pair comes with a Self Edge

x Flat Head Branded Classic Duncan Butterfly Yoyo...

Production run: SEXFH05 = 110 / SEXFH05BK = 35

Please see the product page under Flat Head for all specs, sizing/shrinking/stretching

info, and more photos.

SEXFH05:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=295

SEXFH05BK:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=296

sexfh_03-725312.jpg

sexfh_02-725248.jpg

sexfh_fit_indigo01-748546.jpg

sexfh_fit_indigo02-748627.jpg

Some info that has been posted in the very complete and long thread on these jeans on Style Forum:

-Also, the way we had the jean cut on the waist (the top block) no size will have a super tight waist, but the rest of the cut will remain quite slim. There's no need to have a painful first month or so with these jeans to attain a super slim look.

-Early reports from the people that have tried the indigo ones in the store...

Sizing down one on these is ok, the waist doesn't run as small as the 3001, it's not a deadly situation as it is on the 3001 if you go too small.

So if you're one of the few trying to decide between two sizes, go for the smaller one.

Keep in mind, it's unsanforized denim, so there's a lot options once you receive the jeans. If it's tight do a 20 minute cold soak, if you've got room then do a one hour long very hot soak and they'll shrink right down.

-look at the product pages for each jean (indigo and black) for a complete run-down of the jean and it's sizing info.

Just wondering, is the 16 ounce denim gonna fade with the same beautiful vertical falling and overall look that the regular Flat Head denim will?

Yup, same exact fading but with a heavier weight denim...

one more question:

i'm trying to decide between the indigo and the black version...

the only thing i worry about is not the waist measurement, but the thigh.....

are the thighs of a sz 29 bk are going to fit tighter than on a sz 30 indigo???

(measurements on SE are 11.4 to 11.8 inches)

so that would mean that the thighs fit snugger, but the waits fits looser, right???

a pair of size 30 3001 fit me tight in the thigh-area so how are the chances that the seXfhbk will be to tight for me????

Kiya, just wanted to get your thoughts real quick. I have a pair of the SEXI04BK in size 31. What size would you suggest for these? After looking at both of the sizing guides I am thinking a 32. Just want to get your confirmation.

Get a size 31 in the SEXFH05..

one more question:

i'm trying to decide between the indigo and the black version...

the only thing i worry about is not the waist measurement, but the thigh.....

are the thighs of a sz 29 bk are going to fit tighter than on a sz 30 indigo???

(measurements on SE are 11.4 to 11.8 inches)

so that would mean that the thighs fit snugger, but the waits fits looser, right???

a pair of size 30 3001 fit me tight in the thigh-area so how are the chances that the seXfhbk will be to tight for me????

Sounds like your thighs might not fit into these jeans unless you size up one and wear em with a belt.. If so, a size 30 in the indigo and a size 29 in the black should be perfect in the thigh area for you.

After wearing these for a day, I realize I really do need a 31 instead of the 32 that I got.

If anyone was planning to buy 32s today, get a 31 instead and swap me! For your kindness, I'll throw in a really bad-ass yo-yo so you can join the club.

Pretty please? Help?

Warm soak for an hour, then hot soaked for 45 minutes when I realized the waist was still too big. Stretched right back out to a 33-inch waist. Worn one day for about 8 hours. I didn't even fart while I was wearing them. Honest.

Hook a brother up?

annoying size question alert:

kiya - i wear a 36 in samurai 0500's. will a 36 in these fit, or am i outta luck?

You'll be fine in the 36 indigo or 34 black.

So a 33 in SExIH01 should get a 31 or 32?

Size 31...

Keep in mind that having room in the waist is fine.. just as long as the thighs are slim you'll be set, you don't want to go down so far that your thighs won't fit in the jeans..

So a 33 in SExIH01 should get a 31 or 32?

Size 31...

So by the same logic as I take a 30 in the SExIH01 I'll take a 28 in the FHs? I had provisionally thought I'd take a 29 but would like to get the smallest possible ones into which I'd fit, so 28 would be good.

So by the same logic as I take a 30 in the SExIH01 I'll take a 28 in the FHs? I had provisionally thought I'd take a 29 but would like to get the smallest possible ones into which I'd fit, so 28 would be good.

Yup, exactly...