no country for old man, is not that great

6MT

I watched it last night and I'm still blown away at how beautifully it was shot. Wow.

Also, I've disliked Tommy Lee Jones in practically everything he's ever been in but he was superb and I liked the ending. Javier Bardem walking away from the car crash and Tommy Lee Jones reciting his dream after the dialogue with his brother in the preceeding scene cemented the idea of personal faith and survival that ran through out the film. For me, anyway.

i liked the ending as well.

i wish people would stop with the "best film of the decade" proclamations for films...time is the only thing that will be able to tell.

also,

casey affleck in The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford > javier bardem in No Country for Old Men

...for best supporting actor...

the cinematography was also better in Assassination (but both films were done by the same dude).

• 2 months later...

Being someone who has spent a fair part of my life around the types of surroundings and people conveyed in the film added a new dimension to it for me. Rural, 'western' America was portrayed perfectly (not that this was the main draw of the film). I thought it was excellent.