australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

received an email from EM on their men and women ma+ shipment, went and check out.

quite seriously heavy stuff.

leather coat with double lining

leather aviator (stephen order couple of colours, love the petrol colour, so sick)

leather aviator vest

leather hooded robe in cutted texture (cutted leather is soo sick, the leather felt like fabric)

leather dropcrotch pants

and lots of heavy wool etc etc

ma+ is a leather god.

anyway, i realize ma+ and elena dawson suit me better than ph.

you could assemble a suit OF MA+ leather with pants, jacket and shirt :D

sounds like their buy was really bold, looking forward to taking a look

very very bold. they got the denims and etc.

leather aviator and canvas jacket look really good in person. length wise its perfect on me.

yeah worth to check out, imho.

out of interest, how is the EM retail on MA+ etc compared to other retailers in the US, japan etc? i tried to visit on my last trip but didn't end up finding it.

hmm.. not sure actually, i only remembered the leather coat, which was 5k++

they started carrying ma+ this year, prior was at l.e.f.t.

yeah will definitely head in soon. Just picked up a few new jobs, so might head in, in a few weeks when invoices are in... hopefully some Elena Dawson is stilla round :o

congrats dave!

but really, i should be avoiding going into EM till next year.......

randomness : "i think" i saw joe's ex-girlfriend, (who used to model for the nvrend?), she was trying out elena dawson, she look stunning in them.

RE: MA+ I love the double layered stuff, but am not a fan of the 'outer pockets'. I appreciate the construction but find that they create a weird silhouette (well for my taste anyway), unless you have your hands in the pockets.

And the CCP sneak peek looks great. The shape on the derbies looks killer.

actually, thats something i personally not a big fan when i handled the m.a+ 08/09 leather coat and the ss10 leather blazer was the flaring pockets, however, this aw2010 the leather coat of the pockets look great for some reasons, maybe its the shape or the length of the coat or something, they just look interesting.

still cant find a proper pic of the coat

DSCF3717.jpg

DSCF3707.jpg

and ccp, those are classic derbies, i think, its the same shape but the sole has a metal piece. like the 09 splint sole derbies. but in 2010, the metal are partially buried in the leather.

I don't think I would ever buy a leather coat. Too much imo. The leather blazer they had at EM with the outer pockets had the same issue for me (not sure what season that was?), but the leather was amazing, so I definitely will be keeping my eye out for something similar.

How is the length on the leather aviator compared to the CCP shirt collar jacket from 09?

The derbies seem to have a slightly more upturned toe than usual, but I could be seeing things. I do like that they have carried the exposed shank over to the derbies too. The spiral zips I, and then Dave, owned had the exposed shank and I think it was a nice touch.

would love to get a leather coat someday, ccp's offering are well, you know, pricey and can look very hardcore too. so i like ma+ minimalism. but i dont think i will be able to wear them much unless i am constantly traveling to the colder climate.

in comparison, the length of the aviator is a little shorter than the ccp classic jacket. that is, (if you're talking about size 46 ccp jacket and size 46 leather aviator)

ccp, i did ask if the shapes were different on the classic derbies, they said it was the same but the sole is different - there is however a one piece derby, which look more different, and grotesque,

i just saw adams waywt, nice one!! what size did u end up with anyway? 46?

indeed, pretty warm these days. the other day, i wore my ph pants and walk barefoot to safeway, felt like a freed (from work) hobo for once. :D

also, i think this thread is getting quite some serious amount of view, me thinks we should create a private group.... which we can channel into something creative.

haha, adam,

there will be a bulk of fencing appearing in recent purchase/waywt soon. i guess its time for me to jump ship before things start appearing and devalued in the classifieds.

mine is juicy, however

and melv, start saving next ccp jackets instead, it will be worth it.

and private group, yes. will think bout it.

I wouldn't worry too much about them devaluing. They are $6000 new after all. I don't think it's going to be quite the same rush as with the LUC silk cardigan or PH.

Any of you Perth boys been to Dilettante to check out the AW Boris buy? I'm interested to see what they picked up, and what from the previous collection is on sale...

we've got none left unfortunately Ben :( maybe try contacting fallow or dirtbox in QLD - they did quite a big order with us and they ship interstate. I can ask them for you if you like?

@ rob - yeh i will probably wait until 2010 is revealed before I decide on anything. do let me know if you want to unload your fencing though ;)

Agrees on a private group, this thread has deviated enough from tge original purpose, and is beginning to feel increasingly public. Any thoughts?

the way of harnden / poell :D

something we can discuss in private and create/share content (if want to) in a different channel, my immediate thought of platform was bbpress, as it can be integrated with wordpress, (folksonomy ftw..)

@ rob - yeh i will probably wait until 2010 is revealed before I decide on anything. do let me know if you want to unload your fencing though ;)

ok..!

Cool, that would be great, thanks Melv!

Both Fallow/Dirtbox have sold out of them as well B :( your last resort would be INK in HK... though I have a feeling they're gone as well... sorry man!

Tell your brother to wait for the AW11 version :cool: We're doing it in dual fabric this time around.