australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

seriously looking for a wool coat again, considering this Julius coat (again):

coordinate012hr2.jpg

any thoughts? I was thinking about picking it up quite a while back but changed by mind, now thinking it may be a good purchase. not really feeling any of next seasons winter coats from Julius, MA, VA, KKA, etc. that I've seen thus far either.

yeah it's the coated one, very intense looking. there used to be quite a few fit pics online but most of the webstores have taken them down, there are some pics of Tyler wearing it on blackbird. I think it looks better with the collar up and the lapels folded down however I can't find any fit pics of it worn like that anymore.

yeah, it's heavy wool melton coated with rubber so I don't imagine I'd layer more than a l/s tee or something underneath it. I've been tossing up whether to purchase it for so long now that I may as well just buy it, if it doesn't work out I can always sell it here or on SZ (might take a while with the n/h guys going into summer soon though).

just buy them and worry later.. I have been watching them too, though they are way small for me :)

great boots, doesn't matter if people criticize because of the likeness to CDiem..

Buy Buy, plus the price is cheap, do you expect these to go for less than 500usd? i don't think they will..

speaking of which, have you had a chance to cop any boots yet T? these butteros look great for the price for those with big feets.

also think this raf coat is really nice, doubt it would fit me even in a 44 though :o.

those boots are really nice... as is the jacket... do barney's ship overseas?

definitely, price to quality ratio for butteros is through the roof, they're at over 50% off and the US prices for butteros are some of the cheapest in the world. rubber sole is more practical for everyday wear too, here are some links with extra pics to help you cop ;) ( 1, 2, 3)

Ahh, i have wanted that Raf coat for so long, i tried it on in NYC but i was too poor at the time to cop, been looking for 48. Actually won one for an amazing price on YJ but the seller never responded to any emails and refunded the payment without giving any reason.

:(

great pics J, maybe one day I'll be able to afford $3K boots :(.

missed your question nufish, these were my approximates based on the prototypes:

xl:

shoulder to shoulder : 48 cm

pit to pit : 54-55 cm

xxl:

shoulder to shoulder : 50 cm

pit to pit : 56-57 cm

Thanks D! I'll stick with my xl :D

no worries man :).

if anyone is interested in this seasons CM parka in size small hit me up, it's in near new condition as I've only worn it twice. cost me $640 + $80 of tailoring (slimmed down the body and arms a bit), looking for $400 shipped. will fit a 44 or 46 with room for layerz, chest width is 48cm.

D, can't believe you're selling it. Good price though; I'll ask my bro, maybe he wants it...

Also, what do you guys think of W+H service boots in washed leather?

Pic

I quite like the w+h service boot. I think at retail they are probably a bit over priced, but they are pretty solid.