australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

^^^ thanks guys, will check out.

anyone know a good place for trendy rings? fat's selection is mostly small, and quite expensive. i guess i'm looking at markets n shit for a better deal?

also, fuck, i need to get me a loyalty discount at fat. slowly dawning on me that i must buy 95% of my shit from there. its sickening.

where else do you guys frequent? cactus jam nearly always has a shit buy, i near refuse to buy from bobbys until they kick up their quality control, ksubi store is overpriced (ie. retail), alphaville is so fucking hit and miss..

i guess i gotta scope cyberia, someday, alice euphoria.. wheeeeeere else?

edit: oh, claude maus is also good, but me can only afford sale items :(

also, anyone check out the new bombers there yet? same as last year? i want, i want!

alice euphemia just got in the winter collections for beat poet and fredrich grey, so if you are interested in either of the brands it would be worth checking out.

claude maus only hasn't got much of their winter stuff in yet, a friend bought the new season leather bomber. its a bit different from last years, leather ribbing and front embroidery (which I don't particularly like), still pretty loose fitting and the price has gone up to $920.

other than the stores you already mentioned the only stores I really frequent in the city are Marais (sold out of pretty much anything in a small size at this stage) and Assin (great customer service but be prepared to pay an arm and a leg). Zambesi might be worth having a look at if you like either their inhouse brand or Nom*d, but their menswear selection is pretty limited.

claude maus only hasn't got much of their winter stuff in yet, a friend bought the new season leather bomber. its a bit different from last years, leather ribbing and front embroidery (which I don't particularly like), still pretty loose fitting and the price has gone up to $920.

thats too bad. shit was pretty tight last season. might wait til fw09 to see if they dont pick up their game on the bomber front. shit will probably be down for 1000 smacks by then. feels like yesterday they were selling for five hunge..

i liked friedrich grey's previous season.

don't know why he's gotten all colurfull.

as for claud maus... i don't know... hmm

clawd mouse is one of my favourite local brands.

in fact, i could live on a diet of claude, chronicles, beat & ksubi

FOREVER

checked out the bwillhelm range at someday today.

had a couple of the knits: $850

a jumperish thing: $650

thats about it ....

fats got the claude maus stuffs in, i might get something

but prices on claude have def increased past couple of seasons. same with beatpoet..

^^^ looks so similar to chucks.. not necessarily a bad thing - why not just settle with chucks? they're readily available/cheap

on the notion of shoes, im looking too. wondering if the new season of matboy shoes will make it to stockists at all. havent for the last couple of seasons..

will probably source some black leather chucks for the meantime..

btw, anyone want my size 10 common project patents?

scope @ http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=46952

i've been soooo close to copping those chronicles of never shoes. all the pics i've seen look great, but i haven't handled them in person yet. can anyone comment further? the price seem alright, sitting in the 200+ mark...

hmm...what season are your matboy shoes? did you have to contact any stockists like purestcut.com to cop them?

purest cut are useless.. keep telling me 4 weeks, 4 weeks.. it's been almost a year! guess that's not their fault though..

mine are from s/s 06, i think. after being resoled they are good to go.

quality of the CON shoes seems alright, better than matboy atleast. although the cubism were closer to 300, and the boots closer to 400 (wouldnt touch the cheaper models.. they looked, ahh, cheap).

nigger if you are doing melbourne proxy service you have to pay hap and shit as a 'concierge service'

haha, I dunno how much interest a melbourne proxy service will generate, if any.

oh btw folks, anyone frequent at marais?

they are nice nice nice shit but i don't know if it's really worth going there.

(eg. s2a shoes)

was there a just over a week ago, didn't see any s2a shoes, only shoes they had in at the time were last seasons lanvin lowtops. clothings wise there is some decent stuff from woo young mi, surface to air paris, balenciaga and lanvin. they also had victor & rolf, roar, frisoni finetti, resistance and umbro by kim jones in store, and I was told they had alexander mcqueen's f/w 07 stock on the way.

what? a/w 07?

noone that's like two seasons old.

unlike assin, marais' stock is always one season behind, right now they have the a/w 07/08 collections for all their labels except frisoni finetti (which is local).

^^^ looks so similar to chucks.. not necessarily a bad thing - why not just settle with chucks? they're readily available/cheap

on the notion of shoes, im looking too. wondering if the new season of matboy shoes will make it to stockists at all. havent for the last couple of seasons..

will probably source some black leather chucks for the meantime..

btw, anyone want my size 10 common project patents?

scope @ http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=46952

Yeh but chucks i have had, lots of people have.. so yeh doesnt interest me as much, plus even at size 10 they look like clown shoes, these how ever don't. When i get my heart set on something then i really do want it you know.

haha, I dunno how much interest a melbourne proxy service will generate, if any.

was there a just over a week ago, didn't see any s2a shoes, only shoes they had in at the time were last seasons lanvin lowtops. clothings wise there is some decent stuff from woo young mi, surface to air paris, balenciaga and lanvin. they also had victor & rolf, roar, frisoni finetti, resistance and umbro by kim jones in store, and I was told they had alexander mcqueen's f/w 07 stock on the way.

can you by any chance remember if they had any of these Umbro by Kim Jones

----------------> ~CLICK HERE~

thanks in advance, also could i grab an email for them on a website address Cheers

can you by any chance remember if they had any of these Umbro by Kim Jones

----------------> ~CLICK HERE~

thanks in advance, also could i grab an email for them on a website address Cheers

I don't remember seeing any KJ shoes there, but I would suggest that you give them a call and check for yourself. contact details are on http://marais.com.au/

was in the claude maus store the other day and one of the SAs recognised the common projects I had on. she said that they would be stocking them soon, dunno what sorta price point they will have here though. hopefully they get the new court style shoes in.

I don't remember seeing any KJ shoes there, but I would suggest that you give them a call and check for yourself. contact details are on http://marais.com.au/

was in the claude maus store the other day and one of the SAs recognised the common projects I had on. she said that they would be stocking them soon, dunno what sorta price point they will have here though. hopefully they get the new court style shoes in.

Thanks very much. Where is the claud maus store as well?