australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

no offense but plims, esp $10 plims, are really boring to talk about. i like the YMC plims design cos of the toe shape, which isn't very converse-ish (imo a good thing)

has anyone seen any matboy shoes in stores recently? i ask because purestcut surprisingly now has the white ones (most sizes gone tho)

wasn't expecting them to be in the 300 zone. IMO they don't seem worth it; on closeup pics the construction looks a bit crappy (look at the stitching)

^^ look like shit. especially the 'dress shoe' one. and white. wtf.

i have a pair of the black sneakers from a few seasons ago, and whilst they do the job, the construction is fucking sub-par, especially between upper and outsole (no midsole to speak of).

i paid 100 bucks, and that was enough. 300 is outta control. although they have apparently improved the construction/durability.. 'apparently'

no offense but plims, esp $10 plims, are really boring to talk about. i like the YMC plims design cos of the toe shape, which isn't very converse-ish (imo a good thing)

has anyone seen any matboy shoes in stores recently? i ask because purestcut surprisingly now has the white ones (most sizes gone tho)

wasn't expecting them to be in the 300 zone. IMO they don't seem worth it; on closeup pics the construction looks a bit crappy (look at the stitching)

god, even microsoft word can't help you now.

• 2 weeks later...

no worries. they don't have an internet site yet and they tend to take a while to reply to emails. I'd give them a call if there is anything you are interested in on (03) 9419 9292, Mia is always helpful.

you wouldnt know if EM or LEFT having a sale anytime soon?

not that I know of man. a couple of bits and pieces from previous seasons are marked down usually, but the more interesting items are generally gone before they have the chance to be discounted. even discounted the stuff they sell in those 2 shops is still incredibly expensive.

sucks about the APC store, would have been interested to pick up some new cures.

^ agreed. only thing worth looking at there is the 2 pairs of c.o.n. shoes they picked up, overpriced acne and the danish dior homme knock off minimum. they haven't stocked apc for over a year now.

^im pretty sure they ahd some new standards and rescues in fatppl sizes within the past 6 months, albeit a very small range of stock.

havnt been theere in ages tho. shitness

hows the aa store on chapelst? havnt been yet.

overpriced?

kinda want that emergency nylon jacket

i have only gotten my haircut once in melbourne, I payed 60 bucks and it was a shit haircut. The guys were not interested in cutting my hair, nor what i had to say, just my money. perhaps you have to be one of their loyal customers to get a good haircut. So i can only not reccomend you go to this place. It was upstairs in either the block or the royal arcade.. sorry tyro

so has anyone had the chance to check out new menswear designer James Camerons new store? anyone check out the launch?

James Cameron, Level 1/18 Oliver Lane, Melbourne, tel: 9662 2506

If so i would love to hear about it, design, store layout. I can see from the website that he carrys rite in the rain notebooks, common projects etc..

anyone care to expand upon this?

I am liking some of his new range..

for more details check out

http://www.jamescameron.com.au/