australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

Ervell jeans fit slim and have a nice taper to them. Otherwise a pair of Acnes?

i was hanging to see what ervell dished up for A/W. i heard the denim on their S/S is again, on the thin side..

DBSS

(10 char)

i know you have a big wrap for these, D - size 2 = 30? i'm outta luck.

you might also be interested in these Lad jeans although the inseam is a bit short. I bought them in indigo, they have a very vintage denim feel to them which is rare in a pair of slim jeans. description stolen from blackbird about a pair from a prior season made from the same denim:

Made from a vintage 60s-era denim, woven in India and dyed from natural indigo. This results in a very beautiful deep blue shade which has a very subtle luster to it. Hand-hammered rivets help to provide a very old-timey feel of the construction but the cut is very modern.

Is the new SS11 LUC on HLorenzo showing the signals collection? I am asking because there is morse on the second sweater pictured. I must say, not feeling any of this stuff... Colours are just too bright :P But srsly.... some things seem shiny. The fabric of the mentioned morse sweater (merino + angora) looks super soft... Would prefer it in black though...

Kind of bummed, got an offer on trading slim IS cotton pants for my DBSS jeans (see sig, would have to add cash though) but these are too slim for me in a Sz.0... Those are so awesome..

think i mentioned that a couple months ago. they've been around for ages and used to have a more 'proper' aesthetic (think john varvatos was about as edgy as they got) but the ground floor was planned to carry the kind of labels you mentioned only recently. i'd only heard confirmation for bbs at the time, but not sure about the rest.

lotek, yeah, you did actually.

just that. a conversation was brought up by a friend yesterday who know someone in there. the specific new space was to cater the younger audience - us. and what was discussed was they may actually pick the usual suspects of sz.

its nice, and exciting that melbourne are becoming very forefront when it comes to international level "fashion" in terms of shopping. but i start to wonder if this can be sustained given that these labels are all over the internet. and the market in melbourne, especially the audience, are still somewhat small.

as for assin, wont be specific but it seems like it's not their choice they are 1 season late.

Is the new SS11 LUC on HLorenzo showing the signals collection? I am asking because there is morse on the second sweater pictured. I must say, not feeling any of this stuff... Colours are just too bright :P But srsly.... some things seem shiny. The fabric of the mentioned morse sweater (merino + angora) looks super soft... Would prefer it in black though...

all of luc ss11 from HL is indeed signals

Well my Phuong and Seb belt came this morning, It is very nice, but on the slim side, so take that into account if you end up ordering.

The hardware and construction is very nice, and my initials are a nice touch. I would definitely recommend them, just make sure you aren't after something tanner thick!

As I wear April77's it isn't a problem, and fits quite well. I would also recommend measuring your waist properly to ensure a good fit.

IMG_0423.jpg

Well my Phuong and Seb belt came this morning, It is very nice, but on the slim side, so take that into account if you end up ordering.

The hardware and construction is very nice, and my initials are a nice touch. I would definitely recommend them, just make sure you aren't after something tanner thick!

As I wear April77's it isn't a problem, and fits quite well. I would also recommend measuring your waist properly to ensure a good fit.

IMG_0423.jpg

looks really nice! i like the really rich brown colour too...

any A/W on sale at assin yet? or does that go straight to the gertrude st store these days?

Assin has 30% off on some RO outerwear and dior, then 50% off some undercover and lanvin x acne for guys.

For girls it's 30-50% off some drkshdw, undercover and peachoo + krejberg.

Store keeps a small amount of sale stock so long as there is room. Once all of spring/summer is in all of the sale will prob then go to gertrude.

figured i'd ask some of you guys what your thoughts are on reducing the shaft height of a pair of guidi boots.

i've had a pair of high back zips sitting around for a while, but i basically feel like they're too "much" for me.

not entirely sure whether this process is even worth it, considering the potential costs, but i'd like to reduce them to around the size of this glorious pair:

thoughts?

Sell them and get something else. :D