australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

oh hello m8? Actually I havent played with Melv that much or at all as he always has bs excuses such as "sorry I gotta talk to my gf for 5 hrs or she gonna whip me,or nar I can't play... I gotta buy some groceries and wanna become the next Masterchef". So yeah I play occasionally play with other friends online and own Melv's cs crew.

he wishes D :P guy lives in canb, nothing good comes out of that town.

sorry guys, im sure you noticed my lack of posting, the next month is going to be brutal. probably the most hectic time of my life, so bare with me.

Im glad D3 isnt out yet, it would make my priorities all over the place. lol

bt, i have no doubt you have a shitload on your plate right now as well as within the next few weeks. inregards to OV are you stocking the leggings and bat shaket. i dont need an answer right now...just keep me informed.

im finally able to track my FW07 leather and it says its status is "Departure from outward Office of Exchange in Country of Origin"

and that was on the 1/7/08. It looks like its just sitting there or something. I cant image a package taking 7 days to get around Australia. WTF?

edit: it seems its still in flight or something..as it hasnt reach our shores. ill put my hopes on it arriving by Friday.

and good decision to hold off on selling DJI.

departure from office of exchange in foreign country means it has left the country it was posted from, is it been sent by regular post? try the tracking number here for more up to date info.

sorry ed I'm keeping the jut for the moment :o, might sell it sometime in the near future. maybe...

sorry guys, im sure you noticed my lack of posting, the next month is going to be brutal. probably the most hectic time of my life, so bare with me.

If Joe doesn't mind, I'll fill in some of the blanks for people.

There's new website/blog/gallery for Never End in development and the epic amount of photos and exclusive content from Paris are waiting for the new site to be published - which will serve as the online launch event for the store internationally.

A lot of eyes are on Never End (inside and outside the industry), so everything has to be at the level needed to reflect the position Bt's moving into.

FW09 collections are arriving in a month, and between now and then, all the old stock has got to go, so there'll be some epic sale threads with the Geller, CON, Julian Red, Beat Poet and other stock.

Its all been a bit of a cock tease so far, only because theres so much work going into actually making all this shit happen right.

thanks for that James. it helps alot.

DJI. im tracking it from here as the local DHL site was being shit for me. Australian DHL tracking numbers are 10 digits, while i got a 12 digit number (which is EURO DHL). Anyway, i assume international premium is courier, so yeah....should have too long left to wait.

Thanks james - working on content as we speak.

JV is spot on in every regard, my hands arent just full right now they are overflowing.

Wept - OV Tanks Leggings and Bat Shaket's are arriving, i have handled all and they are all of very good quality, will be copping each of these for myself :)

Again - Thanks JV your a life saver

yeah probably when they arrive ed. MA should be early next month, obscur sometime in August too. sorry man, just gotta make sure I'm making the right decision. don't want to fuck up and be jacket-less haha :o.

new site should be epic, keep up the good work Joe icon14.gif.

hey guys wouldnt mind gettting some local (aus.) feedback. Was actually talking to JV, selks and Bt at the shop today with regard to this. Will be looking to cast some (male) models for my upcoming lookbook shoot in 2-3 weeks and trying to gather some ideas off people. Not sure what to expect.

We agreed that it was probably a good idea for me to go for an older model to reflect the type of TTT customer but to also move away from the trend of using gawky young boys. At the same time, I think it would be fair to say, and please correct me or impart your knowledge and opinion, that alot of 'sz' type labels use a fairly common (traditional) type of model with generally long hair, rather skinny (Looking at the recent CON shoot, even they have opted to use such a model). or in the case of IS and Julius, a bald model in none other than Mark rushton. I believe Richard in his earlier collections also used a model of similar aesthetic.

Sorry, Im just putting it out there and hopefully someone (?within the industry?) will be able to understand what I'm asking.

rick

RickOwensFallWinter20092010MensBack.jpg

4193039Rickowens08FW1.jpg

julius

Picture21.png

3489260457_162977e351_b.jpg

obscur

9.jpg

n4

ss09_3.jpg

depends on the "story" of your label/collection. odyn vovk is heavily inspired by the BM culture and his skinny, long haired models reflect that. i've always thought of julius to be "vampirey" and his models show that as well. ditto with obscur. i've never liked the rick model in your 2nd pic, makes all the clothes look ill-fitting. imo, rick makes his own clothes look best, probably cos he designed them for himself.

also depends on whether the shots will be minimalist like just modeling against a wall or heavily stylized with a strong theme.

oh, and try to get a stylist, or at least a semi-professional 3rd party opinion when putting together pieces. as the designer you'd probably have biased and skewed impressions to each item and unless you have a very specific idea of how you want to match them, it's often better to have someone else look at the larger picture without the influence of nitpicky details.

Yeah I am in Canb but Melv regularly visits me and gives me cupcakes and flowers. But yeah... whenever I go up to Syd I usually meet up with Melv and it would suck if we do go out with the same RO jacket cos I'll look better than him.

LoL

Oh well, you can cop my MA instead Ed :P

Yeah I am in Canb but Melv regularly visits me and gives me cupcakes and flowers. But yeah... whenever I go up to Syd I usually meet up with Melv and it would suck if we do go out with the same RO jacket cos I'll look better than him.