australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

the shoes are leather. game over. haha

the soles aren't :P.

I'm not quite as uncompromising as some ;), I like the RO combats a lot too. the buttero boots are more of a regular lace up boot, just cut slight tall with the convenience of a side zip (hey I'm lazy, tying up boots early in the morning is too much effort haha). I liked the sleek profile of the FW08 ann d boots a lot but didn't like the toecap or exaggerated round toebox, hence why I sold them to someone who offered to buy them for a very reasonable price. the toecap on most _7 boots (except some of the engineer boots) is too blocky and bulbous imo, although the new combats look fantastic in larger sizes on someone tall.

would still cop the earlier RO combats, not sold on the flat and protruding okonomiyaki crepe sole or sawtooth tread rubber sole on the current versions though. the lightweight sole and slightly chunky look of the earlier RO's make them some of my favourite proper combat boots, and they look sexy after they've been worn in a bit:

cimg2481n.jpg

yeah atelier's pics are really dark this time, can barely make anything out unless you zoom in on the images. seems the leather version of the coat was on the runway:

3.jpg

I'm probably too short for it anyway, it hits just above the knee on the atelier model and the curved hem would make tailoring difficult.

can't really make it out very well either, way to dark :/

but yeh i do think the combatz look great worn in, but yeh am not a huge fan of the fat laces, needs to be thin imo:)

edit: lol at Jethro Lazenby Cave! I kinda like him

checked out the Andrew McDonald store today, and let me say (as cliched as it is) the pictures on his site do not even come close to the real thing. The stand outs are the foldover and Asymmetrical oxfords (both about $1400). As far as the sale was concerned, it was fail - only size 8 and below, and none of the good makes were left.

Picked up a pair of zambesi leggings on sale too. And while I was there some asian guy walked into the store with some of the RO crepe sole mohawks on and they looked incredible.

Also went to Assin to try on some RO boots to get my sizing. Tried on the 08 side zip boots in 43 (largest size they had) and they were too small so I guess they fit tts. On sale for $1100 btw.

Also tried on the SS09 'camino jacket' or 'funnel neck' or 'new bomber' or whatever you call it it drkshdw and it was fantastic. Really fell in love with the style. Haven't seen it online anywhere though - so any help would be great. Did they make that jacket in black for SS?

too late for SS09 Ivans, anything decent overseas was discounted a number of months back and is now long sold out. they would have made the high collar in black for strutter, but yeah no chance of finding it now except maybe on Y. lulz at assin's "sale" prices :rolleyes:.

how was the service at Assin Ivans? ive never been in (will do so one day) but i always think that if i did the sales assistants would be high snobs. DJI says its not the case. RO crepe sole mo's are awesome. still one of my favs

The service is OK, not as good as Lui in Melbourne though. There is always some scando guy in there on weekends who doesn't seem to know much, and the other guy is OK but a bit flakey.

The girls on the other hand a very helpful, and are more understanding of the over the top prices. They also seem to understand that just because I try something on and like it, that doesn't mean i'm going to drop $4000 on it.

The service is OK, not as good as Lui in Melbourne though. There is always some scando guy in there on weekends who doesn't seem to know much, and the other guy is OK but a bit flakey.

The girls on the other hand a very helpful, and are more understanding of the over the top prices. They also seem to understand that just because I try something on and like it, that doesn't mean i'm going to drop $4000 on it.

ya. lui is very helpful. if you let him, he can style you up like a runway model. :D

new lad musician collection photos online, I like it a lot. even though they've done a lot of the pieces before the tailoring looks as sharp as ever, glad they stopped cutting the sleeves 2" too short this season as well. they look to have dropped a bit of the usual rock & roll vibe with more dark styling, it all looks very slick.

Bad ass. Yeah AKA's pics make them look incredible. He is selling his for $600 used but the RO store has them slightly cheaper, so I am going to grab a pair. Just getting darkanimal to confirm.

edit: not sure if they do direct orders, I've been dealing with darkanimal. As long as you are not after my size I can tell you the price ;)

don't think you can do a direct order, boots are discounted to $553.18 USD aren't they? ;)

lad musician is on point this season, I would host the pics and started a thread but I cbb. if I end up in a job where I have to frequently wear a suit I think I'll pick up one of their suits in japan, these slim cotton gabardine pants are sick too.

second that D, there are some amazing pieces and like you said tailoring is immac. some of the shirt/jacket/vest combos look preety awkward though haha. some of the shirts remind me fo saint augustine academy.

also keen to post on page 1000 haha

haha, wow didn't realise we were up to page 1000 already...

yeah some of the layering is overdone, the styling doesn't have the elegance of something like ann but the individual pieces are really nice. great that the lengths of the tees aren't short anymore this season either, think I may cop quite a few pieces from this collection...

J lad only goes up to size 46 even for the few international stores that carry them, it looks to be slightly vanity sized though so a 46 would fit a true 48.