australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

sorry bb, didn't see your post :o. if you want high quality shoe trees then head to Evan's, they have a variety of shoe trees that range from ~$10 to about $65 for a top of the range model.

Ivan they made rick's jacket in a washed lamb skin this season too, lowrey has one. quite a nice and simple jacket, although the inclusion of zippers on the sleeves is kinda unnecessary. also feel the same way about the extra back pockets and such rick includes on some of his jackets, while the idea is interesting I don't see anyone storing a book or sandwich in the back of their $2K+ leather jacket haha.

no doubt the leather he uses is of a high quality, however as Ivan said the prices of the materials definitely isn't the reason for the prices. as I've said many times I really liked the stonewashed lamb skin motor jacket from SS08, however the nylon thin (although ludicrously soft) leather definitely didn't justify the $2.5K USD price tag.

^Yeh that's pretty funny. can someone help me dig up picks of those superwack coats? Some guy on SZ has one and he uses it for waywt..Believe me if Rick jackets were sitting around the 1500-2kUSD mark then i would hav no problem but as D! said lets not pretend for a minue that they are really worth the 3.3kUSD pice tag the command today? Also D yes i know they were from previous seasons but didn't they make a high collar version? The one i linked to above the photo.. Also i though though light weight the silk lamb was quite a nice leather, but what would you expect for a SS jacket? I am also a fan of the Mandarin snap collar on them

haha, remind me never to purchase anything 2nd hand from your mate flock :P.

J you mean those marshmallow hellraiser coats? those things were pretty whack, the dude that bought 3 high collar style pieces last season had one... I do like the cafe racer style moto jacket and the light weight S/S leather (only the stonewashed lambskin though, not the plasticy looking silky lambskin :rolleyes:), however I would still expect something a bit more substantial for the price. the veg. tanned Julius leather from the current collections is a good S/S weight imo.

no worries man :). they are something of an acquired taste, shouldn't listen to your gf regarding fashion purchases in the future haha. you had much interest in them yet?

looking forward to seeing the DBSS boots, hopefully my yurius coat arrives soon too...

haha yeah i shouldnt have listened :( though i believe my gf dresses pretty well (she wears margiela, vibskov, alexander wang, and CM is probably her fav local brand) - she's still not down with combat boots and the whole 'sz' vibe. can't hold me back now though lolz.

ive got a few PMs but 99% of them were like "have you got this or seen this in a size 43/44?" etc. ffs.

best of luck mel, you just gotta have patience mangz.

J is this one of the whack coat you're talking about? I remember browns had a different style of coat in the same sort of leather, this jacket is pretty terrible too...

should work out fine bt, would be no problem flipping them if they don't anyway.

best of luck mel, you just gotta have patience mangz.

J is this one of the whack coat you're talking about? I remember browns had a different style of coat in the same sort of leather, this jacket is pretty terrible too...

should work out fine bt, would be no problem flipping them if they don't anyway.

Those are the exact ones. You are a machine at finding these pics D, thanks! haha i can't believe that shit sold? You couldn't pay me to wear it

Yeah, i have never seen that puffy RO look good on anyone except the RO store model dude, I actually think it looks good on him.

BT, i have been wearing my RO trainers for the past couple of weeks and i love them so much. Only annoying thing is all my friends keep asking to try them on...

Also managed to get some good pants last night to go with them, as i have been searching. Got a a pair of these cheap. :D

yeah the RO NY store model does make everything look good, even makes the ugly Julius nipple leather jacket look half decent.

at least the side zip makes it easy for you to keep taking them on and off Flock :P.

what pants bt? perhaps I should start looking for something other than slim or skinny jeans haha.

aaha wow, that jacket made me spew a little in my mouth. Reminds me of a condom filled with cum, gross.

That guy looks amazing D, he does make everything he is wearing look fucking perfect. Although the Julius leather could ditch those nipple pockets.

flock, post up a fit pic with the pants and shoes!

as soon as i get them!

Met that RO store model dude when i was in NY, dude is super tall. But he seriously had the most extensive knowledge on RO, was cool to see somebody who clearly loved the brand a lot working in the store. I was able to ask him any question about basically any piece from any season and he seemed to know everything about it from sizing to material etc...

;)

aaha wow, that jacket made me spew a little in my mouth. Reminds me of a condom filled with cum, gross.

That guy looks amazing D, he does make everything he is wearing look fucking perfect. Although the Julius leather could ditch those nipple pockets.

Thats one way of describing the jacket, yes. HAHA:eek:

haha, a very eloquently worded description 50 ;). that nipple button leather along with the snap button rider are easily the worst looking leather jackets Julius has every done...

coat arrived today, man the waxing is fucking intense! the waxed wool is like nothing I've ever handled before and it's fully cupro lined, quite happy with the way it looks too. fits fairly boxy through the body but the shoulders are spot on, will take it to the tailor in the next couple of days to have the body and maybe the arms slimmed down.

oh and I take back what I said about rick's tailoring work improving for next season, shit still looks whack whether it's blazers or coats...

yeah the RO NY store model does make everything look good, even makes the ugly Julius nipple leather jacket look half decent.

quick question. where do people find the RO item shots (from NYC store) online?

as soon as i get them!

Met that RO store model dude when i was in NY, dude is super tall. But he seriously had the most extensive knowledge on RO, was cool to see somebody who clearly loved the brand a lot working in the store. I was able to ask him any question about basically any piece from any season and he seemed to know everything about it from sizing to material etc...

;)

wow, i really hope i get to meet him when i visit! is there anything remotely worth copping at the NYC store? did you buy anything? i suppose online copping is hard to beat.