australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

I agree, if there is a large price discrepancy between buying it online and buying it locally I choose to buy it online too. that said I don't think we can expect pricing parity for imported stock...

fuck me, I'm definitely only going to be trying on the damir doma pieces that CM gets in, the prices are insane! $400+ for print tees, $700+ for cotton shirts, $1K+ for the long cotton hoodie, $2k+ for the polyamide coat and $3K+ for the leather jacket.....

jesus christ

700+ for cotton shirts and 1k+ for cotton hoodie is ridic

finished uni earlyish so I scoped out a few of the stores in the CBD. fat still hasn't got any new chronicles stuff in, although they did have some nice look marsu homme derbys and workboots in black leather and grey suede. claude maus had a couple of new bits and pieces like a mod coat that came in a waterproof material as well as a leather version. was disappointed to discover that they didn't have the captoe CPs, only the suede shell toe achilles :mad:. while I was there I asked the sales girl about the damir doma stock, apparently they haven't actually made the buy yet. they are meeting him and having a launch party within the next month and will have the stock within 2 months (hopefully).

I also dropped by assin and they just got the new RO and Ann D collections in. I was fucking shocked by the prices, they are actually comparable (and in some cases cheaper :eek:) than the prices in the US/EU/JP (most likely due to the aussie dollar being close to parity with the US dollar at the time of the buy). the Ann D grey workboots are tempting at $1360 AUD, would seriously consider getting them if I didn't just order boots. they bought 2 rick leathers this season, the ugly piece of crap in heavily distressed brown leather with fabric inserts that tom1986 is trying to sell, as well as the high collar zippered jacket in grey stonewashed leather which is ~$4200 AUD. have to say that I'm very underwhelmed by the leather that rick owens is using this season, it felt cheap and plasticy and the stitching around the pockets was loose...

haha, you shouldn't need me to tell you it was a good buy :P

I'm surprised how significantly Ann D and RO prices have jumped this season. still want those ann work boots though, they really are gorgeous but I have bought a couple of pairs of shoes in the last few weeks. maybe if I can land an internship next year...

yeah, you could probably buy a very similar one for $100-$200 but it is a cool look if you can pull it off. was sufu fucking up for anyone else last night? time, search function, etc. weren't working properly for me :confused:

majorly..i would post in some threaks like the imperial one and it would post my post before the other people who had posted before like 12hours..

major malfunction. :confused:

for D!

and me

Ann D lace up boots in a khaki with the 'grey' wax

finish. They retail for $1295.00

Also, the lace up converse 'look-a-likes' high tops in the deep

purple. They retail for $885. <---------- I want these anyone want to buy them for me? will + rep lol..

@Zekka

after looking at the pics on aloha rag I think the boots at assin may have been the black ones (they all have that dusty/waxed effect). they had a couple of the sneakers there too like the high tops that can be converted into lows, didn't check the prices though.

Kind of short notice, but I'm in Melbourne 2nd-7th of October - Saturday - Monday nights are free. Am definitely up for meat. Or beer. Or both.

EDIT: My sales appointments in Melbourne just got a little more firm. Definitely still have those nights available. I'll have all my jackets and shit with me. I haven't been to Melbourne since I was a kid, so I'm definitely keen for some local knowledge.

I'll be heading down to Melbourne mid-November for a few days, last time I was there I didn't have any chance to check out any shops. Are there any incu-type stores stocking stuff like Nom de Guerre, APC etc. or are the shops more local brand oriented?

Also, looking for interesting bars or restaurants that are different to anything in Sydney. What are some of your favourite places to go out to (from a locals perspective)?