australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

just got back... midday drinking does not compute into night drinking... I must be getting old!

haha, can't do it either. feeling old today :(

j when I called CM the sales rep wasn't sure what pieces they were going to be getting and told me to check back in about a month.

haha, can't do it either. feeling old today :(

j when I called CM the sales rep wasn't sure what pieces they were going to be getting and told me to check back in about a month.

ahhh cool i might hound themin a week or two。。Thanks D! :o

blah finished intensive school.. yeh!

DD @ claude = robbery.

mark my words.

treat it like assin, try it on for size and then buy it online ;)

haha, I have a sneaking suspicion that someone may have swiped one of the claude leather bombers from fat last year, they keep that shit chained up now.

provided that the prices are reasonable (and they stock the full size range...) I try and support local stores as much as I can too. as far as Assin is concerned they mark the prices up that much because they have have exclusivity in Melbourne on most of the labels they carry and have somehow maintained a loyal customer base. I think its the case for most stores stocking international designers, it's just that Assin seem to have a particularly extreme mark up percentage for such expensive labels.

to be honest I don't think that claude's mark up will be too bad, $465 for common projects is pretty reasonable considering that they are $335 USD at blackbird.

$335 USD + 10%GST = ~$445 AUD

a lot of it comes down to the exchange rate when the store makes the buy for that season too, US prices for RO are nuts this season....

to be honest I don't think that claude's mark up will be too bad, $465 for common projects is pretty reasonable considering that they are $335 USD at blackbird. $335 USD + 10%GST = ~$445 AUD

As well as GST, Customs takes a 15% import duty when bringing the goods in, so that accounts for most of the rest. Over the next few years the Government is winding that back down to 5%, which will mean better prices for us on imported goods.

to be honest I don't think that claude's mark up will be too bad, $465 for common projects is pretty reasonable considering that they are $335 USD at blackbird.

$335 USD + 10%GST = ~$445 AUD

your logic is clear, but i can assure you wholesale price on CPs is far from 335USD.

probably something close to half that. even with gst / import taxes (which, as vincent has mentioned, are becoming less and less significant), each CP sale for CM is a very good one.

edit: not to mention CM kopped the goods with a very strong AUD.

I'm interested in seeing how wearable damir doma pieces are more than anything. hell, if merz says he can't pull it off then I doubt I could haha

that is a good point with the cp comparison... If they stock some of the black pants, I might just be convinced to grab a pair...

cotton DD pants are $800+ and wool pants are even more...

(wooh, 900 posts :D)

I agree, if there is a large price discrepancy between buying it online and buying it locally I choose to buy it online too. that said I don't think we can expect pricing parity for imported stock...

fuck me, I'm definitely only going to be trying on the damir doma pieces that CM gets in, the prices are insane! $400+ for print tees, $700+ for cotton shirts, $1K+ for the long cotton hoodie, $2k+ for the polyamide coat and $3K+ for the leather jacket.....