australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

sup guys, does anyone know of a place in melbourne that carries REASONABLY priced julius/attachment/wjk?

i've been to harrold's but when I saw them selling a jutneck i have for 4000 bucks I well...I mean, come on, i paid less than 1.7k for it full retail in japan.

else I could try LVR for dior or just asking my japanese friends to send it over as a gift, there is this lovely multi-strap boot from julius f/w 11, but sizing is iffy.

desperately need a new pair of claude 18mm jeans in black (have worn my pair basically every single day for over a year - crotch just blew out) but they aren't getting anymore in stock until the end of september (!?) - fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. what is the best alternative for the same fit/colour (i don't like coated) - acne hex cash perhaps?

i think max cash would work better for you.

i bought max cash once about two years ago and they were too loose. not even slim, really. saying that, i have never tried hex cash and for all i know they could be way too tight. doubt they can be tighter than a77 joey's though (i'm a 29 in them)?

Put on some weight and buy my 30s ahah.

;)

^I forgot to mention, but for example if you printed personalised envelopes, business cards, letterheads etc. the cost would run into the thousands. nicely designed stamp (or two), nice paper stock cut to correct sizes = saving yourself heaps of $ and repeat print runs. basically, there is no other cheaper solution than a stamp..

Havn't tried Bistro Vue but I recommend Duck Duck Goose. Both sides are good for what they are, depending on what you feel like. Even though there are some bad reviews on it, but they have made some big changes in staff and management recently.

The french side has amazing service and food. The seared coral trout with a red quinoa crust is a must try. The service by the waiter in charge of our table was definately the best I've had, very polite, gave excellent recommendations and also a bit of general chatting. Towards the end of the service, found out he was actually the owner! I normally don't chat with waitering staff much when dining but we ended talking about the restaurant and general food talk for ages.

• 2 weeks later...
sup guys, does anyone know of a place in melbourne that carries REASONABLY priced julius/attachment/wjk?

i've been to harrold's but when I saw them selling a jutneck i have for 4000 bucks I well...I mean, come on, i paid less than 1.7k for it full retail in japan.

else I could try LVR for dior or just asking my japanese friends to send it over as a gift, there is this lovely multi-strap boot from julius f/w 11, but sizing is iffy.

Don't bother with Melbourne, so far behind with items, they JUST got V-A SS11 in at Cose Ipanema which are selling a linen coat for 1300 (approx) to what i payed 6-700 for which is a perfect example. Eastern Market is the way to go if you are into your irregularity/experimentalism

• 2 weeks later...

Tried on some CDGH+ at Chiodo today, loved some of the blazers. I believe it's the 2010FW collection, just looked up the runway on SZ and the way it was styled does it no justice at all. I was shocked at how bad they look on the runway.

The boiled wool blazers fits slim as hell, a large was too slim for me. But the the laine wool blazers in M fitted great, they were double layered with a vest. There were 3 versions where the difference was in the closure for the vest. A button-up, zip-up and buckle up. Really liked the button-up but they only had XL :(.

• 4 weeks later...

ccp has finally landed to his australian home, had a quick look yesterday and today, and the good stuff as usual are flying off the rack almost instantly.

did i bumped into you yesteday, horseben..? if so, great purchases, i came in too late to handle the amazing pieces you have bought.. :P

here' some rundown

-selvedge stowable hood crotched parka

-selvedge double breast trench coat

-selvedge classic belt pants

-selvedge object dyed reversible hi-collar buttoned shirt

-selvedge dropcrotch pants (selvedge o nthe exterior)

-selvedge wrap skirt

-selvedge scarves

-etc

garments come in different colours and in different fabrics.

as for coats

all the coats i saw, are either in selvedge (as forementioned) or in dead end technique, metlock, in some variety of fabrics - knot (with silver bits), xface (reflective), wface (medium weight), surface (heavy weight, and seriously amazing), in all various colours.. between light grey - dark grey -black.

in dead end they ordered several style

-dead end hi-collar coat

-dead end parka coat

-dead end classic coat

301219_260001360685511_109839842368331_1030923_7500445_n.jpg

the footwears are also quite comprehensive.. saw all sorts of leathers from kangaroo, bison, and horse.

green bison leather folded oxford is so sick, so is the black seamless folded wedge sole boot, and the vanilla cream colour on the folded oxford is so amazing as well..

they also covered wide range on the accesories, compass necklace, compas ring, reflective knitted ring, reflective knitted wristbands. etc etc

they also got some really interesting tanks, diver hooded jersey, and all buttoned shirts (and as mentioned, in the selvedge) are hi-collared..

and the dead end jeans. saw 4 different shades, quite unexpected

scaled.php?server=844&filename=photobws.jpg&res=medium

all in all, amazing selection.

as for the leather jackets, (along with much more bizarre footwear) they will all come in next shipment..

Thanks for posting this. EM seems to be one of the few stores that is adventurous (colors, fabrics etc.) in their buys...the other being LIFT. I think that the full array that you have there really shows off some of CCP's works and after being able to handle many of the different fabrics earlier this summer at LIFT, I have a new appreciation for his work.

You should check out the new knit that he did where there is only a single seam. I was surprised when I found out it was wool vs some blend. Really amazing piece but it fits big so you need to size down 1 or 2.

It looks like EM has a very loyal and large following in AUS which is great. I've been trying to get onto their 'list' for a few years now but everything is usually sold out by the time EM can deal with oversea orders.

BTW, curious as to what a selvedge scarf is like?

they received 5 different fabrics in the selvedge scarves (in different colour, texture/feel, weight).. also, they are quite big, maybe they are like a shawl.. where the fabric together with the selvedge become frayed at both end.

as for the knits, yeah, they are great..! If not mistaken, they had 3 different choices.. one was reflective. and another is ramie blend, and another is wool blend... great stuff