Art / Design Blogs

Guest DUM

The thing about all these websites, and what people quickly learned after the design portal haydays of the early 2000s, is that the only work they were linking too were these wild photoshop-wizardry works which were beautiful but completely non-functional. The kind of stuff that would only work on a poster, album cover, or some huge double-page glossy spread.

+Rep. Notice how all album covers basically look the same over time periods. Blame "graphic designers".

Yeah, that is why I'm a visual communicator. Gotta keep them separated.

Let me take a wild guess. As a visual communicator you thrive on making connections with your clients and their audience and strive to make engaging, results-driven communications while fostering a casual environment where thoughts, ideas, and out-of-the-box strategies can incubate and evolve into client success?

Don't be a douchebag.

It's everyone a "graphic designer" nowadays?

A lot of people think they can throw shit together and want to be considered a graphic designer.

Like a lot of other things, there are always individuals ruining it for the rest--giving something a bad name.

Yeah, that is why I'm a visual communicator. Gotta keep them separated.

Nice.:)

Let me take a wild guess. As a visual communicator you thrive on making connections with your clients and their audience and strive to make engaging, results-driven communications while fostering a casual environment where thoughts, ideas, and out-of-the-box strategies can incubate and evolve into client success?

Don't be a douchebag.

No, it is YOU being the douchebag.

... thrive on making connections with your clients and their audience and strive to make engaging, results-driven communications while fostering a casual environment where thoughts, ideas, and out-of-the-box strategies can incubate and evolve into client success?

Hahahahahahaha, that is the "what we do" section on every new agency's website.

Bonus points for jargon use!

Don't be a douchebag.

Graphic design also entails signage systems such as those in the subway so people know where the hell they are going, the study of the human eye and the relation to typography and readability, the fact this board is set in Arial and is a rip-off of Helvetica because Mircosoft was too cheap to buy the rights, blah blah blah...

There is more to it then doing the next Coca-Cola campaign.

Way to use douchebag on a internet message board. That earns you hero points in someone's book.

blah blah blah...

YOU COULD HAVE SUMMED UP YOUR WHOLE POST WITH JUST THAT.

Nobody cares. If you were so confident in your "visual communication" skills (or is it graphic design? I can't remember) you wouldn't have tried to impress us all with your mad knowledge of Helvetica and Arial (ZOMG) and the fact that SIGNS ARE ALSO A FORM GRAPHIC DESIGN WTF YOU JUST BLEW MY MIND!

Nice try with the counter-neg-rep but as you can see I've sent you into red rep hell, meaning your attack (and your opinions) mean exactly squatto.

The thing about all these websites, and what people quickly learned after the design portal haydays of the early 2000s, is that the only work they were linking too were these wild photoshop-wizardry works which were beautiful but completely non-functional. The kind of stuff that would only work on a poster, album cover, or some huge double-page glossy spread.

like invertebrae, threeoh, surfstation?

haha. surfstation and threeoh

completely forgot about those.

how many 17-year-old danish design prodigies who do posters of exploding pseudo-3D shards and spikes can you handle?

hahaha i was one of those dudes!!!!! and im still friends with some of the threeoh dudes...

how about dreamless?

memories, it went from carson esque to raver so quickly...

man tDR use to be the jam, mcp had some great work, but he saturated himself too much post tDR to the point where some of his work was just looking recycled & crappy.

man tDR use to be the jam, mcp had some great work, but he saturated himself too much post tDR to the point where some of his work was just looking recycled & crappy.

i love michael's work under build. its almost better than DR in some respects. even though the nysushi work that DR did is sill some of my favorite shit ever.

• 10 months later...