Call of Duty 4

countach!

A few things I need to get off my chest about CoD4 (not the game itself really)

I hate teammates with a burning passion. They are worthless, bullet-magnets that only seem to serve to feed the other team UAVs. I just keep getting frustrated with how incredibly bad 75% of the online community is, and it seems like the better I get the more frustrating this is to me. It's just people who have absolutely no idea what they're doing.

-Teammates who corner themselves piss the shit out of me. Seriously, do they think that it's a good idea to crowd 4-6 people into one tiny corner and try to fend off the other team? Yes, please keep doing that. I just love spawning in the middle of your retarded gun fight and not having anywhere to run mostly because YOU allowed the other team to surround us. Cool, so I spawn, I die, I respawn, I die. It's really as ridiculous as that, and it's semi-difficult to pick up on it but the easiest example is on Countdown when the other team has forced you into the warehouse and your teammates do nothing but turn themselves into bullet fodder. 2 exits + 6 opposing enemies = fucked. It just creates a downward spiral of more deaths, more UAVs for the enemy, and then finally carpet bombing after carpet bombing until the other team just has about as many helicopters as they want.

-Teammates who have bad positioning. Like say, if we have a UAV and we clearly know where the enemy is, I often look at my map and see most of my teammates in some remote shit part of the map, usually all bunched together too. So not only are they anywhere near the enemy, they're not even aiming towards them. Just wandering around aimless parts of the map, completely ignoring UAVs. It's frustrating because it usually ends up me trying to push forward and advance... by myself, while the rest of the team is off dicking around somewhere.

-Teammates who let others kill me. This is much more of a grey area, but if we have a strong offensive line that's advancing forward and I'm surrounded by literally most of my team within a cover fire range, then how the FUCK did one single guy sneak all the way around, past everyone else, and kill me? Seriously, I've sene cases where I have been surrounded by multiple teammates and they stand there as the enemy is just running around and killing me while I am right next to them. Fuck.

-My shitty connection. Being at college = awesome, good co nnection. Being at home is fucking terrible. The G3 is much worse when your connection is a little sloppy, it takes way more bullets for me to kill someone than it should. And by this I mean having to unload a full clip into someone because the visual lag is so terrible that they're actually several feet ahead/behind. I hate killing people, then seeing their corpse "jump" back or forward several feet to accomodate for visual lag. Or the fact that if I get shot, then turn to flee, I still die even though I rounded the corner/ducked behind cover/go away from the window. I'm not talking about being shot through walls either, just the lag being so significant that every timing is just off enough. Watching the kill cam makes it perfectly clear that from their POV they just shot me through the window, it doesn't even register on their screen that I ducked/fled/whatever.

-People who use martyrdorm. Not really something that pisses me off, just a pet peeve. It is a completely skilless perk that will never net you a kill, just avenge your own death. People who use them are, IMO, completely skilless. It doesn't kill me often, I usually run, but I'm talking about in the middle of a firefight when an opponent kills someone, their martyrdom kills me because I am walking forward (I literally get to see the grenade indicator as I am blowing up, great). For some reason it feels like more and more people are using this perk.

-Also, this is a very general issue, but people simply don't use their mics. At all. A little communication would go a long way, but unfortunately, it just doesn't happen.

I wish COD4 had a ranked matching system like Halo3 so I could play against and with skilled players, not a mismatch of shitty and shittier skills, and IMO the party system is a pain in the ass. Playing with skilled people, who actually know what they're doing, would probably alleviate a lot of my current issues.

But either way, I'm still addicted to this game and I'm pretty relied that I'm maintaining a 2.01 K/D + 1.08 W/L considering how shitty my teammates are.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This nigga called woodysomething and his bro were butthurt that I killed them both repeatedly in one round on HCDM. Boy were they shitty though, they got scores like 3 - 17.

Next game, when we're on the same team, they try tking me repeatedly, didn't get me riled or anything and I still did alright.

Third round they try it again. I nade the pair and leave the game early.

Good times.

Though I admit, these past few days, I've been bad, compared to how I normally do.

Edit: Checked their profiles. They be typical serious business wannabe pro gamers.

I hate teammates with a burning passion. They are worthless, bullet-magnets that only seem to serve to feed the other team UAVs. I just keep getting frustrated with how incredibly bad 75% of the online community is, and it seems like the better I get the more frustrating this is to me. It's just people who have absolutely no idea what they're doing.

-Teammates who corner themselves piss the shit out of me. Seriously, do they think that it's a good idea to crowd 4-6 people into one tiny corner and try to fend off the other team? Yes, please keep doing that. I just love spawning in the middle of your retarded gun fight and not having anywhere to run mostly because YOU allowed the other team to surround us. Cool, so I spawn, I die, I respawn, I die. It's really as ridiculous as that, and it's semi-difficult to pick up on it but the easiest example is on Countdown when the other team has forced you into the warehouse and your teammates do nothing but turn themselves into bullet fodder. 2 exits + 6 opposing enemies = fucked. It just creates a downward spiral of more deaths, more UAVs for the enemy, and then finally carpet bombing after carpet bombing until the other team just has about as many helicopters as they want.

-Teammates who have bad positioning. Like say, if we have a UAV and we clearly know where the enemy is, I often look at my map and see most of my teammates in some remote shit part of the map, usually all bunched together too. So not only are they anywhere near the enemy, they're not even aiming towards them. Just wandering around aimless parts of the map, completely ignoring UAVs. It's frustrating because it usually ends up me trying to push forward and advance... by myself, while the rest of the team is off dicking around somewhere.

-Teammates who let others kill me. This is much more of a grey area, but if we have a strong offensive line that's advancing forward and I'm surrounded by literally most of my team within a cover fire range, then how the FUCK did one single guy sneak all the way around, past everyone else, and kill me? Seriously, I've sene cases where I have been surrounded by multiple teammates and they stand there as the enemy is just running around and killing me while I am right next to them. Fuck.

+1

I agree with you on these. I can't stand it when i'm playing with shitty teammates, it is the most frustrating thing ever.

I agree. I pretty much lone wolf it now. I care more about my KD than I do about my Win ratios, I'm an asshole but I tend to use stupid teammates as personal UAVs if we don't have them up or bait.

Another Teammate pet peeve of mine is people wasting UAVs. Nothing pisses me off more than hearing 3 UAVs being called in a row. Yeah, it gets you +10 points, but really doesn't do anything for your teammates.

-My shitty connection. Being at college = awesome, good co nnection. Being at home is fucking terrible. The G3 is much worse when your connection is a little sloppy, it takes way more bullets for me to kill someone than it should. And by this I mean having to unload a full clip into someone because the visual lag is so terrible that they're actually several feet ahead/behind. I hate killing people, then seeing their corpse "jump" back or forward several feet to accomodate for visual lag. Or the fact that if I get shot, then turn to flee, I still die even though I rounded the corner/ducked behind cover/go away from the window. I'm not talking about being shot through walls either, just the lag being so significant that every timing is just off enough. Watching the kill cam makes it perfectly clear that from their POV they just shot me through the window, it doesn't even register on their screen that I ducked/fled/whatever.

-People who use martyrdorm. Not really something that pisses me off, just a pet peeve. It is a completely skilless perk that will never net you a kill, just avenge your own death. People who use them are, IMO, completely skilless. It doesn't kill me often, I usually run, but I'm talking about in the middle of a firefight when an opponent kills someone, their martyrdom kills me because I am walking forward (I literally get to see the grenade indicator as I am blowing up, great). For some reason it feels like more and more people are using this perk.

-Also, this is a very general issue, but people simply don't use their mics. At all. A little communication would go a long way, but unfortunately, it just doesn't happen.

I wish COD4 had a ranked matching system like Halo3 so I could play against and with skilled players, not a mismatch of shitty and shittier skills, and IMO the party system is a pain in the ass. Playing with skilled people, who actually know what they're doing, would probably alleviate a lot of my current issues.

But either way, I'm still addicted to this game and I'm pretty relied that I'm maintaining a 2.01 K/D + 1.08 W/L considering how shitty my teammates are.

Damn, you summed it up. I was gonna add some stuff but you have it pretty much covered. And I thought I was the only one frustrated with the stupidity of the players online.

Martyrdom also sucks because you have to run a short distance when mowing through people and instead of keeping your aim up, you have to run a few feet and opens you up to enemies. I hope they dont have it in MW2!

I swear the lag is worse nowadays, I think it might be from all the foreigners playing and the connections being so spread out and varied. I notice it is worse when there are a lot of Mexicans playing ( you know they are Mexican because they always put [MEX] for their clan tag).

They need to change the whole server and game hosting format. They should let you choose to host a game, where people can choose which game to join from a list that gives the specifics (map,game,players) of each game. The game should keep cycling with the host being able to change the map if necessary. The host should also be able to kick people out. Or something along those lines where the game doesn't end abruptly when the host leaves, and you don't get randomly stuck in the middle of an ass beating when you try to join a game.

It seems like the server loves putting me into games where it is obvious we are going to lose or putting me with a complete group of retards that stay around and ruin the game until the last minute and then leave before anyone can see their disgraceful ratio. The worst is when you get half of the kills necessary for the team to win, but you lose.

What i do is get 3 stun grenades and martyrdom and run into a room holding the stun grenade. They kill me, i drop the stun grenade which makes them helpless, and the martyrdom finishes them off.

Another fun thing to do is to spam the grenade launcher on small maps. Its not noob when you kill 5-6 people in one hit

Marty is the worst when its your own team mate who killed you and you were about to get a airstrike or helio.

i have been noticing last stand much more lately and its annoying to me in one way, as they have a second of invulnerability when they go in to it and can cheap kill ya. But i also like that i can steal kills from people who the last stand user already capped.

If you have two or three good people in your party (friends) i think you can do well, but if your playing with strangers its a coin toss, some rooms can be fun though if the players are cool. i was once in this one room and practically everyone there was in a good mood and having fun, something rarely found. now, unless i am in a party talking to a someone on my friends list i just dont have the mic on my head at all, too many kids, too much stupid energy.

it took me a long time, but i started using the ak74... for some reason i just beast with it, acog + 74 = huge good moments for me... i hate the gun, but for some reason i always do well with it. so why do i hate it?

so yeah, i started doing m40 with steady aim and stopping power with acog. holy shit, i've been missing out

It's pretty fun, but I gotta' say, the slight inaccuracy of it really annoys me. When I started quick scoping with the .50 cal it felt MUCH better, in a way like how I thought the m40+acog was "supposed to". It's still fun though.

On the topic of WaW, does anyone else prefer the aperture sight to the red dot? I used to dislike everything WaW but I started getting into it (MW is still away better though) but I think the crosshairs on the aperture sight make it slightly easier to align and aim. I kinda' miss it.

i just think the apature site is sooooooo fake and lame... its usefull in the game, but come on, who the hell had them back then, or were they even really around aside from some mcgyver type gi.... that said, nothing in game land is real, so i fail at calling out the fail.

I just had two rounds in a row, 32-4, 42-2.

Normally, I would not care about those scores, but this time I thought I was certain to beat my previous streak of 27.

I finished the first round with a 15kill streak. And in the second, I had another two 15 kill streaks.

What i forgot about, was that I let myself be killed by a teammate by running into his nade after the first 7 kills of the second round so I could respawn and let the chopper loose for my second streak of that game.

If tks didn't count, I'd have something like a 37 kill streak for a record instead.

I've played COD a couple times at friends houses and I really like it, but I there's something about the 1 hit kill system that is wayyyyyyyyyyyy to easy. Maybe I'm just an old-school kinda guy and like the fact that you can survive a grenade, a dink in the head, and a few body shots like in CS

I gotta re-install the partition on my Mac so I can get more games. This will probably be one of them.

getting slaughtered online. I've not played many FPS' so it seems to mostly be my aim. I'm getting the jump on dudes and firing first and dude is still out-firing me. I guess I just need to play more.

getting slaughtered online. I've not played many FPS' so it seems to mostly be my aim. I'm getting the jump on dudes and firing first and dude is still out-firing me. I guess I just need to play more.

Just play more man, don't give a fuck about your score. When i first started playing my scores would be like 6-18. Now its about even such as 10-10. Anyways my PSN is rRRonson and i suck ass at CoD4.

P.S someone should start a sufu clan lol

If we're talking about scores i'm pretty ownage at cod4

my k/d is like 3.60 or some shit but an average game for me is 25-5 in TDM

highest kill streak was around 45 i think

all in all cod 4 was great fun, i got to 10th prestige a while back, but then realized halo 3 is a better game in every single way and stopped wasting my time with it.

yeah, getting the jump meaning firing first

so I find free-for-all is helping my aim and shit

19-15 my last match, many of those were knife kills though. dudes kept doing it to me so I figured I'd abuse it.