Skinny, Coated Jeans

home

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got the superfines when they were on sale and they are wonderful.

people have mixed opinions about the s2a joints, but i assume they are cheap.

somebody find me the cheapest place to buy them. thanks.

aside from those mentioned, there's also johan by j. lindeberg.

they're soft, slim fit, but don't taper enough at the calves. u could get the women's j. lindeberg doe, but they is tight as hell thighs down.

also, the dopest, hardest shit is wings and horns, selvedge, hard as shit no homo but the fit is straight- to relaxed. they are mad wide. it'd be a pain to take them in and taper them.

home, if you're still looking for skinny coated jeans (in particular thin finn overdye black coated), then go to the general pants co. online site, sign up for their 20% offer thingo... head down to GPC (usually overpriced yeah i know), find something.

thin finn coateds are 210 AUD, with the discount it goes down to 170 AUD.

a little cheaper than cultizm with shipping i think.

home, if you're still looking for skinny coated jeans (in particular thin finn overdye black coated), then go to the general pants co. online site, sign up for their 20% offer thingo... head down to GPC (usually overpriced yeah i know), find something.

thin finn coateds are 210 AUD, with the discount it goes down to 170 AUD.

a little cheaper than cultizm with shipping i think.

+rape.

does anyone in aus. know if GPC still stock TFBDC? will hopefully check it out in the next few days

fuck i hate that place.

Alright, so I went down to GPC and tried on the coated Thin Finns, but wasn't satisfied with the fit. Even after I sized down to 28, I felt the cut of the leg wasn't flattering. Could have done with a little more tapering.

SA suggested I try on the coated Long Johns. Sweet fit down the leg, but gay low-low-rise. Not feeling it..

If I wasn't so hell-bent on getting a pair of decent coated jeans, I probably wouldn't bother from here. However, I'm considering getting the coated Thin Finns in either 28 or 29 (probably 29 - comfortable around the waist) and having the hem tapered to 6/6.5" by a tailor. I don't think this will pose too much of a problem.. Or will the tapering from the baggy yoke to near-skin-tight hem be too much?

On another note, the jeans themselves didn't feel/look that waxy, but this significantly increases with wear, no?

Cheers.

what are you looking for?

a jean that causes everything it touches to become oily?

Ha, not really. Guess I was just expecting the jeans to look a little more waxy / shiny. I have heard the waxy appearance does increase with wear, in the case of Nudie coated at least..

i have a pair of L.G.B. (le grand bleu) jeans that are coated, skinny fit, and have beige water-like distressing near the bottom of the leg on the back. they're not super waxed, but have slight shine on the seams and resin coated feel to them. size 32, fits true to size, 36 inseam, stacks nicely. they retail for $445. if you're interested, i'll sell them for $220.

• 2 months later...

im intrigued by the TFDBC..

noob question: what is the sizing like?

i have 0 experience with nudies.... i do not want them to be skin-tight on my thighs, i just want a comfortable slim fit. most webstores suggest sizing down 1 to account for stretching, but i dont want to size down unless i know for sure that these just run big. i prefer a slim fit, not skinny tight. for those of you who own these jeans, do you recommend going true to size, or sizing down? i'd appreciate (rep) any opinions

whats the recommended way for washing coated jeans?

I went true to size with the TFDBC (same 30 as other nudies, and most of my other jeans). I did find that they were damn tight on my calves (I'm into sports, so no dior legs on me! :o).

But over time, they've stretched comfortably. If you have really slim legs/calves, you could probably go down a size.

thanks.

does anyone know from experience if the TFDBC shrinks after wash?

sorry, i have no experience with nudies.