state your beer, drinkers

Yup...

Their Vertical Epic Ales are a favorite of mine.. I've only got one bottle of 010101, and three bottles of 020202, but an entire case of every other year after...

The first year or two go for hundreds of dollars now, the first one was near impossible to find outside of the region it was produced in..

The IRS is amazing, the Vertical Epic is clearly age oriented, had 05 and 07 IIRC and neither were amazing. Once I become less transient, will start putting away the epics and seeing how they go.

Excited about drinking these over the next week or two unless my roomate steals them mistaking them for natty light.

picture042vx6.jpg

Out of that list the Duchesse de Bourgogne is hands down my favorite... Really great stuff there.

That's my favorite too. I was pretty blown away the first time i had it.

I'm really excited that i learned of a really good beer bar in gainesville. I'm going to have to convince some friends to go. Even if they don't want to try new beer there is always pbr, blue moon and miller light for the unadventurous. If anyone is going through gainesville it might be worth a stop over

http://www.stubbieshirtpub.com/

Have you had dogfish's Midas Touch? Can't be more sweet than that. The raisin beer is only d'etre no d'extra though (8-9% vs. 18%)

No, I haven't. I'll avoid it then. I've only had D'etre, not D'extra. It was far too much for me though.

I've heard d'extra is better tasting. I might give it a try when these beers are out. The Midas Touch beer is interesting though. It's worth it to try since it's cheap (only $3 per bottle at my place). Maybe better for you to try when a friend buys it though :D

Excited about drinking these over the next week or two unless my roomate steals them mistaking them for natty light.

picture042vx6.jpg

No, I haven't. I'll avoid it then. I've only had D'etre, not D'extra. It was far too much for me though.

speaking of that;

dogfish.jpg

so apparently in São Paulo they have the "best draft beer in Brazil" and i learned all about the proper way to pour it. draft beer in Brazil is light and inoffensive. it is simple and doesn't pretend to be anything it isn't. there isn't a great variety of beer here, but if you happen to like chilled light-tasting beer (which i do, among others) then you're in luck.

there are two taps: one for beer and one for foam. the beer is kept ice-cold. the glass is filled halfway with the beer, and then the bartender moves to the second tap to put the head on the glass.

ve0l6q.jpg

then when you take the first sip you are supposed to be able to see little lines of the residue from the foam like this, that's how you know it was served properly

2ngcz14.jpg

Just a bit of a warning to any Australians considering buying Japanese beer here. None of the stuff sold here appears to be made in Japan; at least the stuff from Dan Murphy's. The Kirin is made in Australia under lincense by lion natahn. The Asahi super dry is made in the Philipines. I was hoping the Saporo at least would be imported from Japan but nooooo... it's made in bloody Canadia and only available in huge Cans (700mil ?)... and disgustingly overpriced.

I still like the the Little Creatures Pale Ale, the taste just doesn't get old. If you can get your hands on it outside of Australia give it a go. The Coopers ales are nice too but in general I love my pilsners, the hoppier the better. I get sick of everything eventually so if a pub has something local or unsual on tap I'll usually drink that over anything else.

gldrkflsn300.jpg

BOMB.

That's a really nice beer.

But... the Rodenbach Grand Cru beats eeeeverything by faaar.

if something is near it would be the Rochefort-serie, especially the 8th:

rochefort.jpg

@chrongoaug, that Trois Pistoles is looking good. The label is so friggin' hot. I've got it on a oval poster (as on the bottle). Such a beauty, and so tasty.

I still want to try fort but i gotta find a friend to split it with me. You didn't drink the whole thing did you? if so, fucking 750 ml at 18% must have been a fun night