state your beer, drinkers

Haha tonight was fun.

Lawson's Oak Aged Maple Fayston:

tumblr_m1boumPsBZ1qjuprfo1_1280.png

The rest of the tasting.. some nice beers:

tumblr_m1bp2emn891qjuprfo1_1280.png

Trying to kill these two at the end, mixed them together.. actually not too bad!

tumblr_m1bq7fG6Ya1qjuprfo1_1280.png

Edited by shufon

i've got a barrel aged yeti and it doesn't look like that...

It's probably Oak Aged Yeti. There are a lot of different variations you can get in stores regularly-- Oak Aged, Espresso, Chocolate, Belgian, and regular. Barrel Aged Yeti is aged in Stranahan's whiskey barrels (not just on oak) and until this year it was only available in Colorado for a limited time each year. Apparently they sent a few cases to a handful of states this year for the first time.

@islandboi-- Lawson's was very good, especially for being non barrel aged. Really smooth and I would've never guessed it was 10%. I want to get ahold of the barrel aged variations and do a side by side.

Haha I know how much you wanna try this. I'll open my bottle next time you're up here.

Sounds awesome. And I'll make you drink this whole bottle of rumpkin by yourself. It's going to be a short and crazy trip, but I'll try to bring some fun stuff when I come up the first week of may. Jester King sours and stuff.

i've got a barrel aged yeti and it doesn't look like that... Maybe NYC gets that hella limited stuff! :D Also got the espresso that I need to open.

Yeah, we don't get barrel aged great divide stuff down here. Yeti is always great, though (except the belgian yeast one).

Edited by youkinorn2

A few from the other night:

6893848888_74c7c35d78_m.jpg

Was nice, refreshing and crisp. Right amount of hop, not like most of Victory's other brews which are often overdone.

6893849094_9dbc32c921_m.jpg

Mediocre pale ale, only tried it off a recommendation from someone who used to live near the brewery.

^Whale's Tail sucks. The only things I've had worth drinking from Cisco are some of their Woods series beers, although they're pretty pricey. I've heard good things about the Island Reserve series they started recently but haven't tried any of the beers yet.