state your beer, drinkers

@destructodisk -- Pliny is amazing, wish I got the chance to drink it more often.

@youkinorn - Honestly the only ones I've had besides Brute are 10, 12, 13, and White Gold. 13 is the most interesting of the ones I've had.. extremely lemony (Sorachi Ace hops with lemon rind in the brewing).

Other than that, Old Habit is supposedly awesome.. the new batch has been delayed a while but should be out in 2-3 months. Alphalpha is supposed to be really good as well but I just haven't gotten around to trying it.

When we do the tasting next week, I'm bringing a 2006 Old Habit and this year's LeBleu (among other things :D )

@youkinorn - Honestly the only ones I've had besides Brute are 10, 12, 13, and White Gold. 13 is the most interesting of the ones I've had.. extremely lemony (Sorachi Ace hops with lemon rind in the brewing).

Other than that, Old Habit is supposedly awesome.. the new batch has been delayed a while but should be out in 2-3 months. Alphalpha is supposed to be really good as well but I just haven't gotten around to trying it.

When we do the tasting next week, I'm bringing a 2006 Old Habit and this year's LeBleu (among other things :D )

The ithaca dudes were at whole foods last night and there were some bottles of alphalpha, white gold, and thirteen. Thought about grabbing a bottle but honestly just couldn't decide what and couldn't justify more than 1 haha. Froze up.

But I got a bottle of espresso oak aged yeti I can contribute, if nothing else (know it's not exactly rare or hard to get, but with all the yeti I've drank, never had the espresso one). And I'll keep an eye out for interesting things between now and next week.

I'm probably going to bring 4 bottles from these: 08 Brute, 06 Old Habit, LeBleu, Alpine Exponential Hoppiness, batch 3 Consecration, CC Vuja De, CC cedar aged Jai Alai

My friend sent me a text saying he was bringing some of these bottles: Mother of All Storms, 07 Alaskan Barleywine, 09 Gratitude, 100% barrel aged Coton, Hunaphu, 06 Cantillon Lou Pepe Gueuze (doubt this will make it, hah)

Not sure what the host has in his cellar but he said we could look through it when we get there and pull out a few bottles. Regardless, we should have an awesome tasting. Haven't drank a lineup like this in a while so I'm pretty excited.

About swap v2, I have everybody's info except Stylish Pilot. I think he said he's out of town til Wednesday so once he gets back we'll go ahead with this.

One last question, do you guys want to do this as a swap where we all send at the same time or a BIF (beer it forward) where there is a chain and I send first, then that receiver sends once they get mine, and so on til it gets back to me?

Alesmith Speedway Stout for sure, I love that stuff. Port Old Viscosity is good too. Alesmith Old Numbskull is supposed to be good but I've never had it. Ballast Point Big Eye IPA is some good stuff if it's fresh, and it's really cheap too.

Also, pm me your address Stylish.

nice, i saw 5 or 6 different "woods" at my local place yesterday :)

5527679323_ef7212632e.jpg

cameo by my mother in the right lol

i'm gonna be in nyc friday/saturday but I think we have a bunch of stuff going on, but i will text you if you are gonna be around?

Hah sounds good, mini sufu beer meet up.

thomas_collins is doing me an awesome favor and bringing some Pliny to NY for me. Not sure if he and the others (FranklinCosgrove and Vampyrfargesten) would be able to meet that night but it would be sick to share some Pliny with everybody :D

What's in that growler by the way concealed?

drinking a Great Divide Samurai "rice ale" right now...not really enjoying it too much. Not bad, but pretty bland. Some citrus, quite a bit of carbonation, with a sort of strange bitterness on the end of each sip...and not much else.

At least it's a pretty color :) And it isn't too bad a companion for the spicy soup/stew I'm eating, I guess.

144kkx.jpg

Guest naknakBeast
^totally with you on this.. I love plenty of beers with fruit added, but Wachusetts Blueberry is awful.

never really been an added fruit guy so pretty naiive towards it..

any good recommendations?

is it me or wachsett blueberry really gassy??