state your beer, drinkers

I had Samichlaus, the most alcoholic lager in the world at 14%, and a Lagunitas Hop Stoopid after tasting a Pliny that I got for my friend a while ago, still the beer to get if you haven't. Then s'nasty ass Tecate and PBR afterwards. It's not my fault, that 14% got me hammered and I drank whatever I could get my hands on eventually. My roomie just gave me a taste of Foret. That shit is bomby.

P.S. My mom swooped on some Firestone Walker XII for me today. Fuck yeah...

costco now sells 12pack of 22oz arrogant bastard. though it'd be more awesome if they would carry some of the other beers from stone or san diego craftbrews but im sure that would be hard to do. i ended up getting the case, its always good to have beer around that you can drink without taking from the collection.

warsteiner-verum.gif

They recently started carrying this in big chain stores like Kroger. I love the bitter after taste.

Warsteiner is a very popular industrial brewed pils and one of the biggest brands here in germany.i personaly prefer beer that is brewed the old way with natural ingredients.you can drink more and have less hangover.

tastes just like it too. it's an herb-infused vodka. i'll try to bring it next time we're out. i guess we can drink at my place but you ain't making it home that night.

for a guy who normally hates vodka, i must say i actually enjoyed this stuff. a polish girl i used to work with brought some to her going away party and i found myself actually sipping on it like a whiskey. good stuff.

for a guy who normally hates vodka, i must say i actually enjoyed this stuff. a polish girl i used to work with brought some to her going away party and i found myself actually sipping on it like a whiskey. good stuff.

It's perfect for sipping; great flavor. One of the smoothest vodkas I've ever had as well.

That's so random because i have a bottle of Grasovka and a bottle of Zubrowka on their way to me right now.. Should be here this week.

The American company that produces it essentially is producing a faux version because they neutralize the good active chemical in it before sending it to the states.

Grasovka has an awful flavor. Use it for toilet cleaning.

Bison Grass is just a regular vodka with a green highlighter soaked in it. Horrible.

I'm not sure what's up with the sales in US. The original one was available everywhere in NJ/NY since I moved here in 97. Only recently I had issues finding it. After asking around I found out it's available at pretty much every store in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.

Bison Grass is just a regular vodka with a green highlighter soaked in it. Horrible.

I'm not sure what's up with the sales in US. The original one was available everywhere in NJ/NY since I moved here in 97. Only recently I had issues finding it. After asking around I found out it's available at pretty much every store in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.

Are the two bottles you posted yours, or a Google Images pic? The bottles my dad has that came straight from Poland 7-8 years ago don't have a dark green hue at all. Pretty clear.

Turns out the US importer of the shit is IN Brooklyn...

Another Ommegang, a wit, not bad. It was crispy and refreshing.

IMG_2064.jpg

This was a good night, I found a Lagunitas Lucky 13 mondo large red, the last one, and a good while after it was released and disappeared, and my friend got a Stone Ruination which they only charged him $2 for.

IMG_2063.jpg

IMG_2065.jpg

D-lish

IMG_2070.jpg

Another brought from Belgium by my friend

IMG_2075.jpg

This was a wild ale (brewed with Brettanomyces yeast), the kind that makes for a sour beer. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't one of the best sours I've had.

IMG_2073.jpg

This was though

IMG_2071.jpg

Spontaneously fermented, and aged in oak barrels for 3 years. This was amazing, and I highly recommend it if you ever see it.

Bonus post:

In my bacteriology lab I am doing a project on Lactobalillus bacteria being used in barrel aged beers, a la Russian River. I decided to have some fun and subculture the sediment from the bottom of Russian River's Temptation on an agar plate. The results were epic...

IMG_2091.jpg

Rogue always has good stuff.

My friend just came up to Humboldt (5 hours north of San Francisco) from Stockton. He stopped by Russian River.

He got growlers.

Pliny the Elder

The newest barrel aged beer, Consecration. 10%, brewed with currants. Fuck my face amazing.