Lanvin Shoe Thread

lamscott

I thought I heard that the boat shoes are going to be around 900.

Ouch. I was really looking to swoop those up, but I'm not sure if they warrant a $900 price tag. I guess I've got time to think about it or save. I'm sure they're quality, but for that price I could probably have a bespoke shoe.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they dont make these in ape sizes? 11-12?

edit: found the answer to my own question by READING this thread! go figure.....

new question.....anyone with a US sz. 12 buy a lanvin size 10 in the hi's and how do they fit

The sneakers are made in the same factory as Margiela, Raf Simons, and Common Projects.

This, however, has nothing to do with pricing for Lanvin. Lanvin is marketed as being a very high end designer apparel and footwear company.

I wasn't speaking of the sneakers though. I'm sure the shoes are produced the same way the sneakers and suits are. I was just curious as to who makes them as a measure of would the design/hype/label warrant the premium I'd be paying on top of the price for quality. Never the less, I'm hoping a NYC stockist gets them so I can atleast try them on to way the options in person.

But you ask yourself that question for any designer clothing designer. Designer clothing is always marked up, whether it be from D&G or Lanvin and it's done so simply because of the fact it's 'designer'. But I would say you do get a lot of quality with Lanvin. The only bad thing about the brand is that some of the clothing can feel to 'dainty' or fragile, but that's mostly just me.

they dont make these in ape sizes? 11-12?

edit: found the answer to my own question by READING this thread! go figure.....

new question.....anyone with a US sz. 12 buy a lanvin size 10 in the hi's and how do they fit

I'm a US 12 and I bought a Lanvin 11 (which is a US 12) and they fit perfect.

P.S. I'll be putting my white Lanvin highs up for sale tonight. :D I give good deal.

But you ask yourself that question for any designer clothing designer. Designer clothing is always marked up, whether it be from D&G or Lanvin and it's done so simply because of the fact it's 'designer'. But I would say you do get a lot of quality with Lanvin. The only bad thing about the brand is that some of the clothing can feel to 'dainty' or fragile, but that's mostly just me.

I know, but some things are more reasonable in my eyes when it comes to designer mark up versus production. If the shoes were $500 - $700 I'd be ready to drop the cash, but $900 is excessive even for luxury goods in my opinion.

I would definitely agree. I think the only thing that was worth it, were the sneakers but only because not only did they not really last till sale time but they are more of a one of kind look. A lot of the lace ups and boat shoes can be duplicated I think or at least, you could maybe find something that looked similar.

I would definitely agree. I think the only thing that was worth it, were the sneakers but only because not only did they not really last till sale time but they are more of a one of kind look. A lot of the lace ups and boat shoes can be duplicated I think or at least, you could maybe find something that looked similar.

Being a size 12/45 makes me feel as if I should locate them and wait it out to they eventually go on sale

If not I may just opt to cop these YSL mocs instead:

Babylone172864C7Q002095?$big$

Yes, they're actually mens loafers. If I'm consider purchasing a pair of white and gold boat shoes, I don't see what could be so shocking about rocking leopard print mocs. I own a pair of beast pack Air Max 1 in the same kind of leopard, I'm just looking for a sophisticated version for when I'm not wearing sneakers.

Yes, they're actually mens loafers. If I'm consider purchasing a pair of white and gold boat shoes, I don't see what could be so shocking about rocking leopard print mocs. I own a pair of beast pack Air Max 1 in the same kind of leopard, I'm just looking for sophisticated version for when I'm not wearing sneakers.

i have no further questions your honor

Mannn, I gotta kopp that electric blue belt asap.... I remember when they did one similar to it like a year ago, that shit was the bomb. I'm also liking the blue bag, the grey bag, and some of the other patent/shiny stuff.... like the silver hat looks cool, need to see it in person though. Anyone else think the sunglasses in the top right might look like a Wayfarer style design? Might have to check those out if so.