What denim to buy next?

john11f

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the advice. I'm thinking of getting sugar canes or denime but i heard they're made of heavier denim looms. I live in the tropics and those can be quite heavy. But I'll try them on nevertheless.

I'm off to HK next month. Any suggestions where to get japanese denim?

Quote: I'm off to HK next month. Any suggestions where to get japanese denim?

i hear of a store named "take 5" but can't tell you much about it since i've never been there. ask your local cabbie when you get there, i'm sure they can take you to it.

"God is Dead" - Nietzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Nietzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

Iron Heart may be a bit too heavy for me in the tropics. I live in the Philippines and it is HOT here.

Weiyung, no choice I'm going to HK for business. Might as well checkout stores that are Dope. Any other recommendations aside from I.T., Take 5, etc.?

I've narrowed down to japanese brand only (in selvage): Sugar Cane, Samurai, Warehouse, Iron Heart, and Denime.

Anything not heavier than 15oz.

^^ Evisu? Bvadr...

No it's in TST, Kowloon... Telephone & Fax : 2376 1176

Address : Shop 226 Floor 2/F, Winning Commerical Building 46-48 Hillwood Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong.

Working Hours : Monday to Sunday 3:00p.m. to 9:00p.m'

--- It is somehow hard to find.. took me like 20 mins to find it :D

Quote:

$154 when you can find them in the us.

I think the next jeans I break in are gong to be Warehouse 1003 XX. If anyone can score some, drop me a line. http://www.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/119737/267717/269986/

--- Original message by Serge d Nimes on Aug 22, 2005 07:21 PM

I've got a pair of Warehouse 1001xx's winging their way to me as we speak. I got them via Juno, who's a guy in Japan who basically acts like a Celga type service, here's his url....

http://www.bid-service.jp/home.html

I'll post pics once they arrive.

Incidentally, I asked him what the difference between the 1000xx and 1001x is and apparently the 1000xx are 'old type material'and the 1001xx are 'new more good material, hence the reason I went for the 1001xx's.

Quote:
Quote:

$154 when you can find them in the us.

I think the next jeans I break in are gong to be Warehouse 1003 XX. If anyone can score some, drop me a line. http://www.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/119737/267717/269986/

--- Original message by Serge d Nimes on Aug 22, 2005 07:21 PM

I've got a pair of Warehouse 1001xx's winging their way to me as we speak. I got them via Juno, who's a guy in Japan who basically acts like a Celga type service, here's his url....

http://www.bid-service.jp/home.html

I'll post pics once they arrive.

Incidentally, I asked him what the difference between the 1000xx and 1001x is and apparently the 1000xx are 'old type material'and the 1001xx are 'new more good material, hence the reason I went for the 1001xx's.

--- Original message by Biggow on Aug 23, 2005 12:50 PM

How much did that cost you?

Sugar Canes... Same as LVC but a little heavier.

another vote for rogan...

corpus does have some pretty good denim...but not a fan of their overall design...

i recently purchased a pair of edun's for 50%...before my purchase, i wasn't too impressed by their denim...but if you're looking for something somewhat lightweight and reasonably priced, don't overlook the collection...