Denim Haters..

JFleshman

I have realized that there aren't very many people that can understand the passion for quality denim. The problem is almost always the price. People have trouble appreciating something more expensive then what they think it's worth and so unheard of that they also don't know about it.

I feel judged by a bunch a hypocrites. That bitch down the street yanks my tail for spending $300 on a fine ass pair of pants, while he sits there playing his new Xbox 360 that just broke his bank of $600 with all the extras.

I say fuck these fucks.

Denim is a fine ass hobby. It's better than collecting pieces like the other bitches.

Fuck your mountain bike. I have a shitty mongoose and bitching ass pants that don't allow me to ride it too well.

Mmm, tastes like hate with a shake of spite.

What are ya'll's thoughts on the matter?

-JF

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol ive been feeling the same for years now.

couple years ago when i bought my first pair of raw denim, all my friends laughed at me and said my jeans looked "cheap with no wash" ... 2 years later, theyre asking me where they can get some raw denim.

same goes for some of my friends who are very much into cars...they spend literally thousands and thousands to rice up their car. i prefer to spend hundreds on jeans lol. its all just preference.

Art, my email is [email protected]. Forward that vid. Tasty lookin'.

On a more serious note, I try not to care. It's hard when your best friends rag on you, your family gives you shit, and old aquaintances stop talking to you because they think you're too "into yourself".

Ya know, it really doesn't matter. I've beaten down enough people with my side of the fight. I don't need to convert people. It sounds funny when I start trying to convince people, anways.

Getting into denim has taught me that you shouldn't judge people on what they do, wear, etc. Let people have their opinions. Then, you can have your own.

Oh well, it felt good to vent. People are going to talk. If I care to, I'll give the willing a good pro-denim speech.

Maybe I should carry que-cards in my pocket at all times. It sounds like a good safety measure.

-JF

That's true. I try to stick to only saying, "They're pricey," yet the cat always finds its way out of the bag.

What does the quote mean exactly?

-JF

My ex gf thinks I love my jeans more than her and said i spend way too much on jeans...!!!

My guess is there is a reason it's an "ex" gf and you are still rocking your dry denim.

My girlfriend is very understanding. She thought it was gross that I didn't wash my jeans but that didn't last very long. Actually, I only know one person who rags on me for the price... and she's a cunt. Where's my gun.

My friends don't understand why I spent my money on a pair of SExIH01s. 'They just look like regular jeans,' they say. Luckily my friends are generally not all that bothered after the initial discussion on the price, though they still think the no washing thing is disgusting. They've largely come to accept it; I don't rag on their hobbies so I guess we have a mutual understanding.

Hahaha, how many of you were around when you could still catch hate for wearing dark jeans with some white paint on the pockets?

Some gems that I'll never forget:

"Give me a pair of Levi's and a paintbrush and I'll do that for you for fl.15,- (way back before the €...) "

"Man, sorry to tell you this but it looks like you've sat in some chewing gum with your new jeans..."

"Hey, are those Replay jeans???"

Etc etc...

Those were the days....

My friends don't understand why I spent my money on a pair of SExIH01s. 'They just look like regular jeans,' they say. Luckily my friends are generally not all that bothered after the initial discussion on the price, though they still think the no washing thing is disgusting. They've largely come to accept it; I don't rag on their hobbies so I guess we have a mutual understanding.

they probably actually can't see the difference. the differences between most pairs of jeans are fairly minute if you're not accustomed to looking for them. what's the difference between Levi's STF and a pair of Diesel? the answers are obvious but not if you dont look for them.

This is true, I think my expression was somewhat lacking. By this I meant that they don't appreciate the particular features that would attract me to a pair of jeans. Though of course I don't expect them to; as you say they're not obvious if you're not accustomed to looking for them.

My friends accept it as part of what and who I am. It's what makes me (in my opinion) stand out from the masses. The devils in the detail.

The rest of them can fuck off for all I care.