Denim Haters..

JFleshman

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

most of those people are stuck wearing thier mid nineties steez like this.

90210.jpg

cept for that brian dude that was dj guy. looks like hees rockin some STF or somethin.

sergio valente said:

"You are in your car an hour each day; you are in your clothes from morning to night. Spend accordingly"

i think in the US alot of people would rather have a nice whip that nobody ever see's than have denim from this decade.

they probably actually can't see the difference. the differences between most pairs of jeans are fairly minute if you're not accustomed to looking for them. what's the difference between Levi's STF and a pair of Diesel? the answers are obvious but not if you dont look for them.

The first time I saw a pair of FH3001 in person, I thought they were just jeans. When I was later told by my brother that they were $300, I replied, "Why!?"

Now, I have been trained.

It's kinda funny. I'm always so proud when I point out the finer aspects of my jeans like the ostrich leather patch to people and exclaim, "Isn't that bad ass??" They usually just laugh.

Today someone said they were genuinely interested in why I wear the same pair of pants everyday since I bought them. After I got to the washing part, more specifically the lack of, she just started ranting on how "nasty" that was. Oh well, I tryed.

-JF

Do people REALLY dress that badly over in the states, or was that pic for Halloween?

Their lower wear is ridiculous. I've never seen baggy knee stacks like that. Maybe they are/were trying to bring about a style revolution.

Thorough, I was about to say the same thing about the stacked 501's. It looks like a picture dug up from my parent's childhoods. The only thing missing is the abundance of white-boy afro's.

Finally, I have to admit that expensive designer jeans annoy me greatly. My friend got into the idea that me and my brother were starting to wear selvage denim. He decided to buy True Religions. -rep.

I've checked the things out. All I saw was big pockets on pre-washed/distressed denim.

-JF

I have realized that there aren't very many people that can understand the passion for quality denim. The problem is almost always the price. People have trouble appreciating something more expensive then what they think it's worth and so unheard of that they also don't know about it.

I feel judged by a bunch a hypocrites. That bitch down the street yanks my tail for spending $300 on a fine ass pair of pants, while he sits there playing his new Xbox 360 that just broke his bank of $600 with all the extras.

I say fuck these fucks.

Denim is a fine ass hobby. It's better than collecting pieces like the other bitches.

Fuck your mountain bike. I have a shitty mongoose and bitching ass pants that don't allow me to ride it too well.

Mmm, tastes like hate with a shake of spite.

What are ya'll's thoughts on the matter?

-JF

here's a thought, since you asked.

quit blabbing incessantly to everyone you meet (who obviously don't care) about how much your jeans cost / what leather was used in your damn patch / how often you don't wash your clothes.

problem solved.

Dex, care to elaborate? Then, I'll think about what I've done to make you think that is.

As for the recommendation to not vent, that goes against my whole point in posting this. If it annoys you, then don't read it.

You calling me annoying doesn't tell me what I should or shouldn't do in the future. A post of explanation would have been more useful than some snide comment. That shit's pretty offensive.

-JF

i keep saying that picture is dope, but no one listens...

that pic would be perfect but the dude on the left fucked up popping the tounges on his air maxes.

if both were up like the dude on the right

fucking 10/10