should i quit my job?

chrisj

I work 9-6 everyday doing mundane boring shit. I get decent pay but I dont see myself going anywhere with this job. i basically do purchase orders and data entry. i have no friends in my work enviroment.

what should i do? I really dont like my job... but i make okay bank for a single young male.

(not really real, just reply as if the above mesage was real)

Guest itsmeJT
I work 9-6 everyday doing mundane boring shit. I get decent pay but I dont see myself going anywhere with this job. i basically do purchase orders and data entry. i have no friends in my work enviroment.

what should i do? I really dont like my job... but i make okay bank for a single young male.

(not really real, just reply as if the above mesage was real)

leave stay nobody cares you dont exist boring man

one of my old bosses told me this before. he said there are two reasons you work: money and work.

if you aren't making decent money and you aren't enjoying your job, then by all means you should quit right away. if you are getting one of them, there's a reason for you to work. if you are getting both, then you should try to hold onto it with your dear life, because they only come seldomly.

for some people one is more important than the other. that's for you to decide.

i guess in your case it's okay to continue working where you are unless something else comes along where you can make more money and/or enjoy your job more.

abandon your job and take up a job on a tallship, as a lumberman or a construction worker

i swear that no job ive ever had has been as satisfying as the ones where you work long hours outdoors for little pay

the upward mobility on the sea is fantastic as well, if you work as little as two years on any ship you can take a test for a master's (captain's) license

• 3 weeks later...

Seriously though, there's a lot of jobs where you can make decent cash (really depends on your definition of decent). And if you don't enjoy your job, and don't see yourself enjoying it in the future, I'd have to say to look for a new one, then quit. You're single and not quite settled in with your life yet, so there's really not a lot of risk - if you find another job with similar pay, chances are that something will be better (unless you straight up just hate your new co-workers). If that happens, just find another job again til you're satisfied. Basically, the longer you hold out at a job where you're not gaining any skills or have no desirable career path, the harder it's going to be to find that new job.

I am quitting my job soon, and I was wondering how superfuture thinks I should do it. Should I just say screw you, I quit. Or put in two weeks notice. Option #1 sounds more fun, but would screw me over in terms of a reference.

two weeks notice, it gives you the possibility of using your former bosses as references. My old boss liked me so much he lied and said I was a manager for him. I was hired on the spot for my new job.