Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

P1010025-2.jpg

(pic from headcoat's thread)

Fiorentini + Baker white canvas laceups. Been wanting these in a size 43 ever since headcoat put his pair up for sale but they seemed to be sold out everywhere, finally stumbled onto a brand new pair in my size on the bay. Happy happy, they're amazing.

I'm trying to figure out if there is a hidden 'Carl' joke in here, but I don't think so.

I just took some old dress pants that fit me pretty well and had them hemmed into shorts for $12.

i'm pretty pumped on the fit of the new shorts I nabbed from Sydney's in toronto...house brand called "Next of Kin", very slim, hit just above the knee.

today i bought the s2a pour justice black denim. they are fucking sick and fit awesome. and my friend bought the gaspard jacket. it's pretty awesome too. i mean, it's gay that it's "justice" but they are designed/made super well.

wow, that really is gay

P1010025-2.jpg

Fiorentini + Baker white canvas laceups. Been wanting these in a size 43 ever since headcoat put his pair up for sale but they seemed to be sold out everywhere, finally stumbled onto a brand new pair in my size on the bay. Happy happy, they're amazing.

I really like those. Nice purchase.

Photo_3c9d.jpg

Not sure what's to become of these...either coffee table conversation pieces or framed in the new place. Vintage Esquires from 55 and 56

Ahhh! I love old magazines. My friend gave me some old Metropolis magazines, which are just incredible to look at, the layout and typography especially...ads are pretty amusing, too.

most of the playboys were actually from the 90s, so they're just corny.

this place (a very dusty, messy old schoolhouse turned book store many, many years ago and would burst into flames if you lit a match) has a ton of old life magazines, and last year I bought one called "Truckin'"...it's SO 70s and features somewhat attractive models in one-piece velour jumpers with farrah hair, sprawled on shag carpeting in the backs of vans with crystal chandeliers. and it's totally serious about it.

to try and look like daft punk

MSB5.jpg

I use to have a bandit when I raced go karts (WKA)... Awesome helmet, but it' got blind spots more so then a full-visor...

My oc's started falling apart just a day after I got them in NY. I was taking them off one night and on the left shoe the lining inside the shoe separated from underneath the insole. now the shoe is all floppy and that part will start riding up if I do any amount of walking. granted, it's just one thing on one shoe, but for the price they sell them at, I wouldn't have expected this so soon.
actually on the contrary they are quite comfortable. I was walkin with a limp from horrible blisters in NY due to my mummy boots but I was able to walk miles a day in the OCs brand new and be quite comfortable.

I can vouch this statement. I was there at the purchase. Worm told me that they came apart real quickly the soon after though.

back2mummybootz

Guest jmatsu
surface5.jpg

S2A Slip Ons -for like 75% off, yay :)

might wear if i got them for free and was poor. i'm sure they have some logo on the back, right? welcome to semi-suck.

P1010025-2.jpg

I forgot how nice these looked. :(